PDA

View Full Version : weird

s80 gaz
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:01
hello
i got in from work tonight locked the car then....
1hour later went out to the car to get something
and my blowers were on by themselves so i started car and they turned off
is this normal ?????????????????????????????????????????????

anogg3
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:09
Well im glad its not only mine that does that then. Mine have done that a couple of times when its been really hot thought it was mine having a funny 5 minutes but guess not as yours does it to. So would like to know if it normal to.

Baj
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:15
My mates Audi/Passat box thing has solar panels in the sunroof that power some A/C to keep the car cool in the summer while you are out.
Is it something similar or have your cars become sentient?

anogg3
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:16
I should think mine just has a mind of its own! lol

mhon72
Friday 30th June 2006, 00:24
hello
i got in from work tonight locked the car then....
1hour later went out to the car to get something
and my blowers were on by themselves so i started car and they turned off
is this normal ?????????????????????????????????????????????

I think someone should make this a Sticky as it gets asked numerous times across all the forums.
This is the afterblow function that activates about 30-40 minutes after the engine is turned off and the car locked. It's just the interior blower fan venting the system to remove any moisture it detects which could lead to the growth of mildew and mould if not removed.

fraz13
Friday 30th June 2006, 10:11
I have never heard of this.... is it only in S80's?

I dont think its worth being made sticky tho.... thats what the search button is for ;)

Evil Edna
Friday 30th June 2006, 10:29
possibly faulty transistor pack?

kimbaleeg
Friday 30th June 2006, 14:31
hi your problems are only s80s as aware afterblow function but could also be fauty fan switch is it inside the car or is it the fan in engine bay if inside car normall on hot days when you had air con on or when on cold setting if in engine its the fan switch wich in my case on the s80 ihad new fan although was free cause volvo did recall on mine year which was 2001 xreg best check with dealer hope this helps :)

Aiken
Friday 30th June 2006, 15:00
hi your problems are only s80s as aware afterblow function but could also be fauty fan switch is it inside the car or is it the fan in engine bay if inside car normall on hot days when you had air con on or when on cold setting if in engine its the fan switch wich in my case on the s80 ihad new fan although was free cause volvo did recall on mine year which was 2001 xreg best check with dealer hope this helps :)

LOL took my breath away reading that :mischievo

anogg3
Friday 30th June 2006, 20:02
Its not only s80s mine is a v70 p2 and it is the interier blower working not the rad fan.

mhon72
Saturday 1st July 2006, 01:04
I have never heard of this.... is it only in S80's?

I dont think its worth being made sticky tho.... thats what the search button is for ;)

P2 models have this feature.
It just seems to be one of those recurring queries across all the different forum boards. Don't know if people are using the search function or not.

kimbaleeg
Saturday 1st July 2006, 21:34
LOL took my breath away reading that :mischievo
lol burnt my fingers too :B_steerin