PDA

View Full Version : red brick trading in?

Redbrick
Thursday 29th June 2006, 18:15
Had my eye on a sapphire black V70 D5 SE with sport suspension and lots of toys.

Been offered £4K as a trade in on the red brick. Spent £500 yesterday getting the air con fixed and am now faced with a £630+labour bill for new brakes.

I decided that maybe its time to say goodbye to her.

I get to keep the 18'' Pegasus to put on the V70 and they will take the AP kit off and put it back to standard when they sell it.

Have I lost the plot or do you agree this seems like a good offer....?

BlackBeast
Thursday 29th June 2006, 18:37
IIRC you said it was only a weekend car? Will a D5 fit that bill as well as the R does?

With the amount of mods and the amount youve spent on it personally I would keep it.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 29th June 2006, 18:40
*Gobsmacked*

Your's is the best modified R I have seen and heard (not driven tho sadly lol) she's too good to get rid of!!

x

Engineer
Thursday 29th June 2006, 18:40
I guess that depends on the history of the new car, mileage, condition, owners, history and of course price mate. :smile:

arbee
Thursday 29th June 2006, 19:18
i'd say it was a resonable trade in, tho personally, id keep what you had - unless you need the economy/refinement etc of newer D5

siamblue
Thursday 29th June 2006, 19:44
HI Mate know where you coming from, Seeing as the 850's are a bit dated now, i would go for the D5, at least you can get it chipped, and the money you would save with MPG is a no brainer, I expect you are getting around what mine is delivering 18 mpg,
Also 4k is a good price from a dealer,

Gary.

T5ER
Thursday 29th June 2006, 20:38
Keep It

pault5
Thursday 29th June 2006, 21:35
HI Mate know where you coming from, Seeing as the 850's are a bit dated now, i would go for the D5, at least you can get it chipped, and the money you would save with MPG is a no brainer, I expect you are getting around what mine is delivering 18 mpg,
Also 4k is a good price from a dealer,

Gary.

850s dated,how very dare you!! :cussing: :tank: :blowingup :nutkick:

dicky b t5
Thursday 29th June 2006, 21:45
Keep it....Thats a stunning 850 R.

elliot
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:15
After having just done 2500miles in a V70D5 although ok,dont do it you will dearly miss your R.Bugger the fuel you save,they are souless tools for munching up and down the motorway.No offense to anyone with a D5 they are a good tool.

arbee
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:17
I expect you are getting around what mine is delivering 18 mpg,
Gary.

You need to put some lighter boots on mate!

the_boy
Thursday 29th June 2006, 22:41
Surely you would get more from someone on here? How many miles has it done?

Redbrick
Thursday 29th June 2006, 23:14
Thanks Gang!

Tough evening- really not sure what to do.

It will replace my R and the 106 diesel that is my get to work car. There is just no point running two cars and the 106 although fantastic at what it does hasn't got enough poke or space.

Of course I'd love someone on here to have it BUT I want my Pegasus off it and they must realise the front brakes are shagged.

Elliot I here what your saying. Maybe I'll ask for a long test drive! Needless to say the D5 will be Rica'd!

Moppy add it to your collection- you know you want to ;)

the _boy- 134K young and solid as a rock

Mods:
Rica 1.3 bar
19T
Ferrita 3'' down pipe, race cat with TME cat back
ITG panel filter
Racelogic Traction control
KW version 2 coilover suspension kit
Powerflex poly bushes
AP big brake kit (needs attention)
HID's
V70 rear lights, clear side repeaters

Proper manual transmission, Beige alcantara/leather with birch dash. Ikeatastic!

arbee
Thursday 29th June 2006, 23:16
Thanks Gang!

It will replace my R and the 106 diesel that is my get to work car. There is just no point running two cars and the 106 although fantastic at what it does hasn't got enough poke or space.

in that case, the D5 is the logical conclusion! - just be prepared to miss the rawness of the 850 :)

The Flying Banana
Thursday 29th June 2006, 23:18
How bad are the front brakes? would you take 4 k for it ? what is teh interior like, clean , tidy , no rips? what rims would you put on it to sell?

elliot
Thursday 29th June 2006, 23:19
How much do you want for it as it is all the mods.There must be somone on the site that will buy it,so it does'nt go to waste,hell i might even be tempted!

arbee
Thursday 29th June 2006, 23:22
How bad are the front brakes? would you take 4 k for it ? what is teh interior like, clean , tidy , no rips? what rims would you put on it to sell?

whats your name? mopp!

The Flying Banana
Thursday 29th June 2006, 23:26
whats your name? mopp!

LOL, seems a waste to trade it in when someone could use it , dont need it tho as my wife would say, but sure i could bring it to Scotland and have some fun in it !!

Redbrick
Friday 30th June 2006, 06:45
I'll would take £4500 cash if the buyer came with some 17'' alloys to take it home with....

When I last added the receipts up it came to £14000!

Edit: Comes with a 12 month MOT dated June 21st and six months tax, I keep the private plate.

abdul
Friday 30th June 2006, 09:43
keep it u will definitely miss the power

Wobbly Dave
Friday 30th June 2006, 11:01
She is a treasure, but at the end of the day - it is down to what you want that counts. Just coz you dont own her doesnt mean that someone else will not look after her - or not. It's that whole heart vs head thing. I was in a similar position to you. Like you, I had an 855R with 160K with the 19T and lots of money spent (not as much as you mind) - but I wanted something a bit easier to live with. As these cars age - you do need to put more in to keep them at the high standard we all like to have (not that they would work without). It is not the engine or major components that go. Its mostly expenses on aux. system like aircon and electric this and electric that - and it can be a drain.
I think you'll miss her for a while and remember fondly the fun you've had but the D5 is a great car. Don't rush and I am sure you'll find the answer. Have you driven a RICA D5 yet? I am sure someone down at PWcars or Adam will be happy to help??

Lee
Saturday 1st July 2006, 00:27
I might not post very often but that doesn't mean that i don't read.

When i see pure stupidness i must post. Don't do it. If its about the mpg I have the answer. 492 miles has just cost me £42. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sorry to be harsh

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 1st July 2006, 00:34
Yeah but as a weekender is LPG gonna cut it. B5234T5 engine was never designed to run on it and as yet there is no proof that it does or doesnt damage your engine.

fraz13
Saturday 1st July 2006, 00:39
No "petrol only" engine was designed to run on it tho Dave, Only dual fuel engines were ;)

After_Shock
Saturday 1st July 2006, 08:11
£4k for any 850 regardless of model and mileage is a very strong offer, good bit of profit been taken out of the car you are buying to offer you that amount.

mikej
Friday 7th July 2006, 16:33
How about a few photo's of your car then , interior etc please......:kiss:

Murphy
Friday 7th July 2006, 16:36
lol @ Elliot. Say what you mean mate :rolleyes:

£4k is an amazing trade in value. Take it !

The Flying Banana
Friday 7th July 2006, 16:56
How about a few photo's of your car then , interior etc please......:kiss:

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3066

Click above for pics , Rdbrick hope you dont mind me posting this !

mikej
Friday 7th July 2006, 16:59
Absolutely 4K is a very good offer for a 850 especially in todays market :biggrin: always liked his big red R :saythat: especially with those pegs:B_steerin but :worthless

The Flying Banana
Friday 7th July 2006, 17:01
Absolutely 4K is a very good offer for a 850 especially in todays market :biggrin: always liked his big red R :saythat: especially with those pegs:B_steerin but :worthless

PICS in the link in my last post!!!!!!!

mikej
Friday 7th July 2006, 17:09
Oops sorry mr banana you beat me to it , thanks for those picks couldn't find them anywhere .All i need now is for Red brick to sell to me for the right price lol , If he doesn't change his mind and keep it :) !!!!!!

gazjacko
Friday 7th July 2006, 20:59
in a moment of stupidity I considered trading in my R for a Golf VR6 4Motion.
Until I was efectively offered £700! trade in.
£4K IS a good offer, try a Rica'd D5, If you like it , take it.

johnny d 850r
Monday 10th July 2006, 20:52
hi m8.
ive got one of these babies same colour full r spec,ive owned nearly 80 different cars in my 30 years of driving mostly performance models,and i can definatly put this top of my list,anyway if we ever meet up at club level judging the condition of yours who else am i going to nick idears off..keep it m8 youll regret it and remember if a dealers willing to pay 4 grand for her now whats she going to be worth in a few more years time there getting rare,good luck m8 whatever your decision ....keep on polishing.johnny d 850R.

Redbrick
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:10
She goes in the morning.... :frown:

I've had a blast.

Someone is going to get a peach...

splatt
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:13
We all move onto other stuff mate. Dont worry about it!
Hope the new owner will take as much time on her as you did.
Stick around whatever ?

Regards
Pat

arbee
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:14
nooooo.... so? whats next? what bits did you leach from her to pass on to your fellow vpcuk-ers? lol

t5tart
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:16
oh noooo

oh bugger

what you getting then ?

Mrsmopp
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:18
She goes in the morning.... :frown:

I've had a blast.

Someone is going to get a peach...

Gutted!! :sorry: I loved that car just never had 4k to pay for it.

x

Redbrick
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:45
Yes time to move on, but not far.....

Fully loaded Sapphire black 2003 V70 D5 SE, Rica'd maybe ;) wearing a nice set of 18'' Pegasus. Bit of an 'R' lookalike. Just need the front valance and callipers.... (note to self: STOP IT! MUSTN'T MOD IT!)

A more useable everyday Volvo without Oliver Reeds drink problem. :drunk:

As for bits removed:

Third row of extra rear seats in black.

My super dooper H1 HID kit- not cheap Ebay chinese tat with crap optics but an Autolamps online kit with proper Philips balasts- cost me about £400 IIRC. Perfect horizontal cut off; not a splodge of light!

Two TME exhaust boxes. Leaked when fitted but replacements did the same! They have to soot up and then they seal. Just some 2.5'' pipes required.

Aquamist 1s (brand new).

BMC CDA (carbon dynamic air box)- used for 2 weeks.

Offers by PM please, before I chuck the lot on Ebay. Would much prefer to see it all used by my VPCUK chums.

fraz13
Monday 10th July 2006, 21:59
Pity ye canny get the coilovers off, I'd leave just now lol

Good luck with the new car man ;)

arbee
Monday 10th July 2006, 22:02
out of interest where did (does) it go to?

macV70R
Monday 10th July 2006, 22:22
[QUOTE=Redbrick]Yes time to move on, but not far.....

Fully loaded Sapphire black 2003 V70 D5 SE, Rica'd maybe ;) wearing a nice set of 18'' Pegasus. Bit of an 'R' lookalike. Just need the front valance and callipers.... (note to self: STOP IT! MUSTN'T MOD IT!)

Got any pics of your new d5 ??

:worthless

Mac

Vikingxl
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 07:21
Sorry to hear that your beautiful car is going but good luck with the new toy!

After_Shock
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 09:18
As asked what garage has bought it? Be very interested to see what price it ends up at.

RobA
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 13:44
Reckon i've found it...what do i win?!?

On Autotrader at £5,495 at Formula Cars??

My computer skills are a bit limited but hopefully link below...if not I'm sure somebody a bit more technically minded can post a linky!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=VOLVO&model=850&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=5000&max_pr=6000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=ls29+6nf&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=5&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Redbrick
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 16:59
RobA gets the gold star!!!

F### me they didn't hang about!!!!!!

Thats the original piccie from 2000 when I bought her.

God I'll miss her!

Just done 39mpg cruising at xxx up the M5. D5/Rica power :)

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 17:10
RobA gets the gold star!!!

F### me they didn't hang about!!!!!!

Thats the original piccie from 2000 when I bought her.

God I'll miss her!

Just done 39mpg cruising at xxx up the M5. D5/Rica power :)

Yeah can imagine how much it was in 2000 !!!!LOL