PDA

View Full Version : Glove box replacement

Cueball_MOB
Thursday 29th June 2006, 00:32
Is it possible to remove the whole glovebox as mines an ex-plod and the glove box is goosed and held on by those locking plastic strips that I can't remember the name of!

When I open the glovebox there are some screws that look like they will release the whole unit, but I thought I'd check first.

The cars an X Reg V70 2.3 T5 SE.

Cheers

Cue

Baj
Thursday 29th June 2006, 01:35
The door or the actual hole?

I should be collecting a whole dash in a couple of weeks but I only want the centre console. EDIT: Scratch that, you are a P2

Cueball_MOB
Friday 30th June 2006, 11:15
The whole unit (the bit that drops down and you fill with junk you never need!). It's snapped off at the back and one of the hydrailic looking things is busted.

Yeah a P2, shame that but many thanks for the offer.

The door or the actual hole?

I should be collecting a whole dash in a couple of weeks but I only want the centre console. EDIT: Scratch that, you are a P2

Cueball_MOB
Friday 30th June 2006, 11:18
I went to Halfords (two of them actually) the other day to pick up my Haynes manual but they only had the earlier model (P1) but I've found from the Haynes site that they have produced the 2000 onwards (P2) copy.

Ebay's got it for about £17.00 so I'll be ordering today.

Cheers

Cue

T-5ones
Friday 30th June 2006, 11:26
This is a bit cheeky but if you do manage to get another glove box and are chuckin' the old glove box, I'm after the glove box catch, as my one has broken spring and smashed plastic guts. Financial donation available!

Tim

Cueball_MOB
Friday 30th June 2006, 11:55
No problem mate. Let me see which bits I need once I get the replacement and you can have the rest for now't (as long as the postage isn't much). That's why we're members of the forum after all! :Handshake :worthless

This is a bit cheeky but if you do manage to get another glove box and are chuckin' the old glove box, I'm after the glove box catch, as my one has broken spring and smashed plastic guts. Financial donation available!

Tim

T-5ones
Friday 30th June 2006, 16:44
Cheers. If the catch is available after you are done, I will pay for postage and packin'. I dont like stretching good will. Tim