PDA

View Full Version : Ex police V70

anogg3
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 20:40
:cop: As my t5 is an ex police car what should i be looking for that might be damaged or needs replacing etc? Is it true what i have heard about the geartronic box that it learns and needs resetting from time to time? It has done just under 150k seems to go well but never had one before to compare to. I have also heard it could have been chipped how can i tell other than rolling road? Thanks and forum is cool!!:cop:

DONKEYT5
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 20:48
i wouldnt believe the chipped story too much, its an old myth about police cars!!

BrightonBreezy
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 22:37
It's very unlikely to have been chipped. The police cars are covered by Volvo's warranty just like the public ones. Generally, if the cops need a more powerful car for something special, they buy one that fits the purpose.

Check all the suspension for worn out components. Shocks, mounts, links, bushes, everything.
Check the engine vacuum hoses, water hoses and charge air hoses & pipes. The plastic charge air pipe that comes over the top of the engine is prone to splitting in cars that have gone through a lot of heat cycles.
Also the lamba sensors and boost control valve wear out.
Do you know when the cam belt was last changed?
Water thermostat okay? Does the temp gauge stay dead centre?

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 23:16
everyone says about the temp needle being dead centre ...but mine is always a little cool
is this a problem ?

anogg3
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 16:52
All the things you said about are fine had the turbo pipe off the other day to have a look at coil packs and changed plugs. The cam belt was changed when i bought the car so thats fine. thanks for help.

BrightonBreezy
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 17:39
There's a stage 0 tune-up thread that you may find useful:
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t217-stage-0-tune-up.html

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 18:06
everyone says about the temp needle being dead centre ...but mine is always a little cool
is this a problem ?

Does it sit just under halfway? If so you may have the 87 degree (I think) therostat rather than the 92 degree (I think lol) stat

x

anogg3
Thursday 29th June 2006, 18:11
Thanks i have done most of those things already anyway. Is it true about the gearbox learning and getting lazy or how ever someone said it?
Andy