PDA

View Full Version : why oh why????

t5tart
Monday 26th June 2006, 23:40
does it always happen to me
checked the torque on the wheel bolts tonight and one snapped off :icon_soap

now i gotta have it all drilled out :icon_soap

anyone got any chrome wheel bolts for an 850 ??

Tomcat
Monday 26th June 2006, 23:43
How did you manage that???, it would have had to have been bloody tight to snap it!!.

Take the wheel off, drill a small hole through the middle and use a stud extractor, just make sure you use the biggest one you can fit into the confines of the thread. Be carefull when you start to undo it as if you snap the stud extractor in the bolt you'll never get it out(they're hardened).

t5tart
Monday 26th June 2006, 23:57
lol im gonna put it into the local garage for them to do it and worry about i dont wanna screw the hum

dunno how it happened torque was set right did 4 of them then onto the 5 th and it just rotated and snapped off ...must have been weakened somehow with an air hapmmer or something in the past
who knows
anyhow its given up now
anyone know if s70 bolts fit
just found some chrome ones on fleabay

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:40
I have a few spare ones from the binned C70

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:41
oh sounds promising pm me a price please dave

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:42
Buy me a pint next time I am up in Northants

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:44
no probs matey
pm me where abouts i go up to lincs quite a bit up the a46 sure we can sort something out

actually will be going up on friday

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:45
Sorry please see amended post. What I mean is you can have one FOC and buy me a drink next time I see you (whenever that will be?)

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:47
hehe
okies
well i'll email you

are the v70 ones different to the 850 ones??
will i need a full set ?

I know my chrome ones are longer than the standard ones on the nut side ?

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:47
It's not that uncommon...... I snapped one at Ty-Croes in April..... which reminds me that I should get round to fixing it at some stage.....

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 00:53
lol you hooning round a track on 4???

that makes me feel safer lol
i was worried

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 01:29
Yeah it shouldn't be a problem wheel nuts are over engineered and I think that a car with 5 studs can safely run with 2.5 studs, 4studs can be run on 2 or something like that........ I wasn't paying attention in that lecture....

Yep I did carry on racing and the wheel never came off.......

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 01:30
haha maybe i can breathe a bit in left handers now then lol

pzorb
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 02:39
Yeah it shouldn't be a problem wheel nuts are over engineered and I think that a car with 5 studs can safely run with 2.5 studs, 4studs can be run on 2 or something like that........ I wasn't paying attention in that lecture...
Heh. I ran on four for a while; the unbalanced weight became noticable over the legal limit tho.... (so obviously nothing to worry about :D)