PDA

View Full Version : V50 2.0 diesal

monkey_boy
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:24
I have my C70 T5 in for service and i was given a 700 mile V50 2.0D

Not sure if this is the D5 everyone raves about but i have to say the car is awesome! 6 speed manual and the torque is unbelievable I normally wouldnt own an oil burner if i where paid, but this thing pulls like a train. And it doesnt feel a slouch either. Only thing i didnt like was the dash. It is a little sparse of features and puts me in mind of a sci-fi space ship console. Other than that what a cracking little car.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:29
Chassis is focus based and apparently well sorted. Think the 6 speed is the better option over the AT. My ride in the new C70 was detracted by the poor transmission.

not a fan of the the floating dash then?

Mrsmopp
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:31
Great looking cars the V50 but they seem to come with an inferiority complex, almost every morning I have the same geezer in a black V50 oil burner trying and out run me on the one stretch of dual carriageway on my way to work and every morning (even with a head start) he looses miserably. Not that I am complaining cos it's a great way to start the day!

x

jimmyc
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:34
monkey boy make no mistake, the diesels are a super buy , very powerfull, quiet,and of course super cheap to run,the d5 is a jem of a car and highly recommended regards jim:sorry: :kiss: :daisy: :mischievo

arbee
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:58
the 2.0 D V50 is not a 5 cyl diesel engine is it? my guess is that it is the 2.0 4 cyl ford engine that resides in the focus and mondeo etc. Diesels have come a hell of a long way in the last 5 years or so - anyone who has a historic phobia of the black pump would be well advised to try a modern diesel car :)

Rufe
Monday 26th June 2006, 18:58
arbee is right, the 2.0 V50 TD is not a D5 (which is 5 cyl 2.4 common rail TD), and the 2.0 4 cylinder engine is used in some fords, i even noticed while at the local ford dealer trying to get a part that was proving difficult that their image on their EPC was identical to the one on VIDA for the same page

if you like the 2.0 TD, then try a D5 mate, much better.

monkey_boy
Thursday 29th June 2006, 14:28
Picked up my C70 and returned the V50. Parked it next to the new demonstrator of the V50 180 BHP D5! Black with fiesta style twin white stripes over the boot, roof and bonnet (jury is still out on those). However what fun! My brother has his company car due soon. He is stuck with ford but i told him if the V50 was anything to go by get the 2.0D focus!