PDA

View Full Version : would you believe it!!!!

The Flying Banana
Sunday 25th June 2006, 20:09
I was messing about on the green Volvo and whilst it was was running i was hearing an air leak...put my hand on the elbow at the manifold...££££ed !! Changed it and its jobs a good un ( only a 2,5 10 valve but goes alot better now !!) Soooo...my yellow one is getting a stainless exhast this week and I am planning a trip to VT fora chip but i am aware the lamba light is on so although i have checked the elbow before i thought i would again as cant seem to get to the bottom of the recurring light...seemed OK but was checking couple other things and although the elbow is OK the pipe was burst in the middle!!! Massive air leak for a year !!! Anyway , replaced it with samco tubing , reset the lamba light and took it out ...holy f**k ..its a different car altogether!!! it is boosting nearly to the end of the white are and is holding it all the way .... its been a great weekend !!!!!

gtiteen
Sunday 25th June 2006, 20:18
Sounds good. Whuts the best way to find leaks just in case?

T5SLAVE
Sunday 25th June 2006, 20:21
I was messing about on the green Volvo and whilst it was was running i was hearing an air leak...put my hand on the elbow at the manifold...££££ed !! Changed it and its jobs a good un ( only a 2,5 10 valve but goes alot better now !!) Soooo...my yellow one is getting a stainless exhast this week and I am planning a trip to VT fora chip but i am aware the lamba light is on so although i have checked the elbow before i thought i would again as cant seem to get to the bottom of the recurring light...seemed OK but was checking couple other things and although the elbow is OK the pipe was burst in the middle!!! Massive air leak for a year !!! Anyway , replaced it with samco tubing , reset the lamba light and took it out ...holy f**k ..its a different car altogether!!! it is boosting nearly to the end of the white are and is holding it all the way .... its been a great weekend !!!!!

Glad 2 hear the good news m8, aint it lovely when stuff goes like that...a bit like puttin on a jacket u haven't worn for months n findin a tenner...no just me then LOL!!!

BlackBeast
Sunday 25th June 2006, 20:22
Replace everything with new silicone hoses lol

T5SLAVE
Sunday 25th June 2006, 20:22
Sounds good. Whuts the best way to find leaks just in case?

Stick the car in a swimming pool n look 4 the bubbles...works for a bike tyre in the bath, LOL!

arbee
Sunday 25th June 2006, 20:47
Stick the car in a swimming pool n look 4 the bubbles...works for a bike tyre in the bath, LOL!
pmsl!