PDA

View Full Version : Piggin Alarm

ahhpigsy
Friday 23rd June 2006, 23:44
The alarm on my S80 has started playing up!
It is going off all the time, sometimes with the siren and sometimes with just lights flashing.
The onboard tells me it has gone off and check the car, i know it has gone off cos it does it all night long.
I have tried it with the internal sensors switched off but it still does it.
You cant switch it off either, if you leave it unlocked it locks itself after 2 minutes and puts the alarm back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need some sleep and the neighbours too, any ideas anyone, apart from burning it for the insurence i dont know what else to try?

Somebody help me please!!!!

:comp:

Rufe
Friday 23rd June 2006, 23:47
im not sure right now, but could you perhaps lock the door manually with the key? alarm may not arm then, got to be worth a go

ahhpigsy
Friday 23rd June 2006, 23:50
Thanks Rufe but if you lock it manually it still arms, if you leave it unlocked it auto arms if no one gets in.
Its a f****r.

Rufe
Saturday 24th June 2006, 00:15
sorry cant help you here properly mate. ideally you need to get it into a dealership to let them find out why its happening, but that is no good to you at this point, lets face it.

it could well be a faulty door/boot lock causing the alarm to go off, or even the MMS (though thinking of it you said its been deactivated and alarm still go's off). i dont know of a way to lock your car and leave alarm off sorry mate, i know on some older models you used to be able to lock the door manually and alarm would not arm, but this obviously isn't working for you. even if you disconnested the battery you would be no better off really, as the siren is battery backed up.

hope it shuts up for you soon mate :(

adriancole
Saturday 24th June 2006, 08:13
there is a way to disable all the interior sensors.....ie if you want to leave a dog in the car.....or are on a ferry and want to disable the motion sensor....

Process...

Sit in car with all doors shut
remove key from ignition
press and HOLD the door locking switch (the one that locks all the doors from inside) ...you will get a confirm after a few seconds by the door locks unlocking themselves whilst the button is still depressed.

All sensors are now disarmed.

and you can lock the car as per normal EITHER by the blip or by a key. The only alarmed bits are if the doors are opened.

If the alarm still goes off it is one of the door sensors and not the motion stuff / ultrasonic on the inside

the sensors automatically re-arm the next time you start then stop the car

hope that helps
i found this out as i wanted to leave all the widows open on the car on my drive on a hot day.....alaarm kept going off, so asked volvo and they told me how to do it.

adrian

T-5ones
Saturday 24th June 2006, 14:59
Cheers for the info. There are a lot of us out there with similar problems. Tim

Vikingxl
Saturday 24th June 2006, 15:11
there is a way to disable all the interior sensors.....ie if you want to leave a dog in the car.....or are on a ferry and want to disable the motion sensor....

Process...

Sit in car with all doors shut
remove key from ignition
press and HOLD the door locking switch (the one that locks all the doors from inside) ...you will get a confirm after a few seconds by the door locks unlocking themselves whilst the button is still depressed.

All sensors are now disarmed.

and you can lock the car as per normal EITHER by the blip or by a key. The only alarmed bits are if the doors are opened.

If the alarm still goes off it is one of the door sensors and not the motion stuff / ultrasonic on the inside

the sensors automatically re-arm the next time you start then stop the car

hope that helps
i found this out as i wanted to leave all the widows open on the car on my drive on a hot day.....alaarm kept going off, so asked volvo and they told me how to do it.

adrian
Very useful cheers mate!

ahhpigsy
Sunday 25th June 2006, 00:20
Thanks a lot for the info, i will try it tomorrow, it is still going off now.
I think there may be more up the sh****r than this tho, i was driving it earlier today and the interior lights came on on there own, i could turn them off but i defo did not turn them on, i was driving.
I think it may be more dodgy wiring for the S80.
Get the codes read next week and the alarm checked out.

Cheers

ahhpigsy
Sunday 25th June 2006, 00:31
Just tried the door lock switch and it didnt not work, had to give it a go as its going off at the mo and the wife is on my case.
Holding the button did not release the locks or turn off the sensors, i think this is because i have the dash switch to turn off internal sensors, for if you want to leave a dig in the car etc.
It might be a door switch, especially as the internal lights came on but my car displays a message and beeps if a door is open and the car is started, and it didnt when the lights came on.

I will have a poke around tomorrow, after that i will have a look at the car!!

ahhpigsy
Thursday 29th June 2006, 19:54
I have had a look at the car alarm, trouble is i cant really see any of the alarm components?. I cant see any internal sensors and the door switches must be hidded in the pillors. Cant even find the alram unit control box.

Does anybody have any knowledge of these systems, just the basics would do as i have a good knowledge of car electrics but i need some pointers on this one.
I do have a spider in the car as there are webs sprouting up but as i dont know where the sensors are i cant check if the sods got in one.

Appreciate any info guys.