PDA

View Full Version : t-5r.co.uk Options

Matt30462
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 19:40
I have this registered domain but my building abilities and ideas are somewhat limited. What should I do with it?

1, Let it just sit there?
2, Attempt to build another "This is my car" site?
3, Build a T-5R register for all the owners to use and share?

I personally prefer option 3, with the possibility of t-5r.co.uk email, individual owners webpages etc.

Would you T-5R'ers be interested? Would someone with the knowledge, time and capabilities be willing to help build and administer it? Could someone who knows, tell me what I CAN do with it, 'cos I don't know how far my MB's will stretch or how many email addresses are allowed.

Any opinions or help appreciated.

Engineer
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 20:17
Have a word with Andrew Matt, or sent your .co.uk on holiday it might come back as a .com lol. :wink: (sorry)

Andrew
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 20:24
Have a word with Andrew Matt, or sent your .co.uk on holiday it might come back as a .com lol. :wink: (sorry)

I can help you with some hosting and possibly a basic site

OR

Consider using www.getafreelancer.com to knock a website together for little money for you.

Ac.

arbee
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 21:12
I prefer option 3 too but not much cop with html etc. I think try turn it into a huge 'r resourse with pics, press releases, test drives, articles etc :)

Matt30462
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 21:21
There are lots of interesting and useful sites about already, I am thinking something different would be good (no idea what as yet, but somethings out there). How does arbee@t-5r.co.uk sound? Colour-coded pages for individual cars/owners, to use how they want (within reason), your very own photo bucket, car development gallery, roadtrip blog. Plus of course the all things T-5R space.
As I say, no idea if it's possible or is there enough space but...........would be fun finding out.

arbee
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 21:40
sounds good indeed! probably quite time consuming but a fun way of adding to your skills :) I bet there a loads of (probably free) self-website-builder type software packages around, tho I have no experience with any!

I would have thought space would be no problem, storage is soo cheap nowadays

just looking at the host for this site - http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/ - it appears that £6.95 a month would be more than you could ever need! there's probably cheaper alternatives for the likes of t5-r.co.uk

BlackBeast
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 21:46
I would do something like Bay 13 has done in the states, an UK version would be awesome!

adriancole
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 23:34
www.web-mania.co.uk is £20 per annum and has more than enough features for most people, check them out

Wobbly Dave
Friday 23rd June 2006, 09:10
IMHO think you should learn and build your own personal site - in homage to all things Olive. Have a guestbook? Build a site is easy and you dont need to know HTML. Can't see much mileage in the register as I doubt you'll reach the level of presence required to reach all the TWR owners.

Be happy to assist in anyway you wish.

Justin
Friday 23rd June 2006, 10:02
sounds good indeed! probably quite time consuming but a fun way of adding to your skills :) I bet there a loads of (probably free) self-website-builder type software packages around, tho I have no experience with any!

I would have thought space would be no problem, storage is soo cheap nowadays

just looking at the host for this site - http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/ - it appears that £6.95 a month would be more than you could ever need! there's probably cheaper alternatives for the likes of t5-r.co.uk

If you email Kevin directly and say i sent you you will get a much better deal than that, I'll PM you his email address Matt :)