PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Sensors....!

dicky b t5
Wednesday 21st June 2006, 17:26
Just a quick one...!

Can anybody tell me if i should have the above on my V70R.
(cant find anything in the Haynes manual)

My new Police Spec pads have got wires on them. I take it that if i havent got sensors we just snip the wires off.

Cheers all. Dicky. :Handshake

Adrian(cole), did you have them on yours..??

iGGy
Wednesday 21st June 2006, 18:18
If you've nowhere to plug them in, then snip'em off.

I remember the chap claiming the TRACS and ABS light's being on was a pad wear indicator warning when I bought the car...really, there was me thinking it meant a 99% chance of a duff ABS ECU. Still haven't found the mythical wiring for pad wear sensors on my car yet.

t5tart
Wednesday 21st June 2006, 20:28
can you not hook up a light on the dash
after all isnt it the sensor in the pad that acts as a earth
???

Rufe
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 07:11
Just a quick one...!

Can anybody tell me if i should have the above on my V70R.
(cant find anything in the Haynes manual)

My new Police Spec pads have got wires on them. I take it that if i havent got sensors we just snip the wires off.

Cheers all. Dicky. :Handshake

Adrian(cole), did you have them on yours..??
no you should not have them - only the police spec vehicles have that wiring for the sensors. the pads are the same otherwise so will fit if you remove the wires

dicky b t5
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 07:34
no you should not have them - only the police spec vehicles have that wiring for the sensors. the pads are the same otherwise so will fit if you remove the wires
Cheers Rufe, thats all i need to know.

ATB. DB.:cop:

Jod T5
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 08:02
dicky where from and how much are the police pads???
i just got a set of pagid from pfv @ 46 sheets a axle. i have heard good things about them and could not afford ds2500 from vt:grumpy:
cheers
jod

BrightonBreezy
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 09:57
Do you know for SURE that police-spec pads are a different compound than standard pads?

Interestingly, I just renewed the pads on my ex-plod phase 2 V70 a couple of weeks back. The original pads have the wear sensor. I wasn't worried about the wear sensor so just I ordered up a new pair of standard pads, but they didn't fit the callipers. So I returned them and ordered police-spec pads with the wear sensor. They did fit.
Which leads me to believe that police-spec brakes on the phase 2 is not just wear sensors but different callipers too. (Uprated?)

dicky b t5
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 17:08
dicky where from and how much are the police pads???
i just got a set of pagid from pfv @ 46 sheets a axle. i have heard good things about them and could not afford ds2500 from vt:grumpy:
cheers
jod
Hello Jod,
Got them from Marshalls (Wayne & Olly)....On my invoice they are £33.48 inc
our Discount. OE rear pads were £18.07......Nice !lol

You Should've gone to Marshall's.

dicky b t5
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 17:18
Do you know for SURE that police-spec pads are a different compound than standard pads?

Interestingly, I just renewed the pads on my ex-plod phase 2 V70 a couple of weeks back. The original pads have the wear sensor. I wasn't worried about the wear sensor so just I ordered up a new pair of standard pads, but they didn't fit the callipers. So I returned them and ordered police-spec pads with the wear sensor. They did fit.
Which leads me to believe that police-spec brakes on the phase 2 is not just wear sensors but different callipers too. (Uprated?)

Robb, Thats quite an interesting question....and 1 i cant answer...!!lol

Maybe their only Police Spec because of the wear sensor....who knows!

Part No for mine is vo30645450....same as yours..? I now hope they fit.

MattV70
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 17:25
I had a right ball ache trying to get pads for my P2 as Halfrauds supplied pads that didn't fit (the lugs didn't lign up and the pad was a differnet shape), and no-one else seemed to offer a reasonably priced pad for the T5. I ended up with some lovely Partco jobbies, which i threw away 3 weeks later when i was at VT and had some decent ones fitted.

I would have thought that it's more likely to be a supplier coding the pads to fit the wrong car than the ex plods having a different caliper.