PDA

View Full Version : Revenge T5

allybongo
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 19:13
Hi Guys,

Please could someone help me, I have recently split with my partner and he took my beloved T5. So as per typical woman I went out and bought a new one well newer one R 1997 V70 T5.
The only thing is being a woman as it looked good and had full leather it moved and had an MOT I thought it would be as good as my old one.

I have an oil leak on the Rocker cover, now my guy who did the service thinks it could be just the oil cap seal but I spoke to my local volvo dealership who said it will be the rocker cover and I will need to get it stripped and a new chemical gasket applied also it may have Crank case ventilation partialy blocked. Is this a common fault I have ordered a new seal and my guy stuck the cap on on Sat but the oil is still leaking. Have I bought a pig in a poke???

Apart from this worrying fault it drives amazing much quicker and responsive than my old 850 T5

Help please
Ally :B_steerin

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 19:31
Welcome to the forum :)

9/10 its the rubber gasket that has perished so I would try replacing that first (lots less expensive!)

x

iGGy
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 19:53
It could be one of the cam shaft seals leaking if the new filler cap seal doesn't cure it.

I'd clean the existing oil off the engine and then try to locate the leak...If your dealer did a highly accurate phone diagnostic :smirk: then they certainly picked an expensive one.

If the cars done 100K or close, it'd be worthwhile doing a PCV service. Check for smoke coming out of the dipstick tube at idle.

Rufe
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 20:53
there certainly is a good chance of it being a breathing fault. extra pressure is building up and forcing the oil out of the cap. obviously there is a chance it could be the rocker cover seal, but wont hurt changing the pcv breather any way (or oil trap for yet another name), as these do get neglected generally.