PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs - halfway there!

sizzlechest
Monday 28th March 2005, 13:38
Hi,

I've just fitted the rear springs (P I LOWERING KIT) on my S70 T5 (fronts to be done next weekend), and I can feel a big difference already from driving around the block. It took 2.5 hrs but hit a really tight bolt that required a little teasing with a scaffolding pole on the breaker bar - gently does it!

Off for a quick spin now...
:eclipsee_

siamblue
Monday 28th March 2005, 15:04
If i am right,could you not have used a ramp and let the rear axle drop down then the springs would've been easier to do?

sizzlechest
Monday 28th March 2005, 16:24
Hi Gary,
I just went of the instructions in the Haynes manual. Not sure about the ramp because the rear wheels need to be removed for better access. Overall it wasn't difficult really. If I was to do it again it would take half the time.

Not looking forward to the front spring replacement - I feel it's going to be awkward. Never mind, I'll have the right tools.

And then it's goodbye to... :bounce: :bounce:

Bracer
Tuesday 29th March 2005, 11:08
Glad your happy with the Pi's I rate them highly myself.

Once you get the front sorted it will be bye bye Gti down the country lanes :B_steerin

sizzlechest
Tuesday 29th March 2005, 12:14
They seem very good springs. I've seen less expensive springs else where (Ventura?) but when purchasing items like this you can't do it on the cheap - not for the sake of a few quid.