PDA

View Full Version : 7 seat with dog guard

Straker
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 13:13
Does anyone have a genuine volvo dog guard fitted with the 7 seat conversion.

I'm assuming the answere is no as the ancorage point for the seat belt is that same as for the dog guard from what I have seen.

All answers greatfully recieved.:worried:

Babybadger
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 14:22
Does anyone have a genuine volvo dog guard fitted with the 7 seat conversion.

I'm assuming the answere is no as the ancorage point for the seat belt is that same as for the dog guard from what I have seen.

All answers greatfully recieved.:worried:

I have, I will take a picture and post it tomorrow. There are 2 square plastic grommets in the roof that have to be removed (for the dog guard that is...). You don't need these square grommets afterwards. Behind them is a m8 or m10 lug that the dog guard bolts in to.I will try and find a picture of them.http://mysite.orange.co.uk/volvo-t5/images/5-picture.jpg

As you can see they are not mounted on the same point. The dog guard is mounted higher up as I recall. I will take a better shot for you. It took me about 15 mins to fit the dog guard.

Remember not to treat the kids like dogs.......... ;-)

thunderace
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 14:48
Just behind the rear seat right next to the rear side window there is a slot in the plastic surround at the top. This takes the top seat belt fixing. And the dog guard mount is just inboard of this and is covered by 25mm square plastic cover. Same for both sides.

Straker
Wednesday 21st June 2006, 15:42
Cheers guys, that is good to know. Now all I need is some children..... or lots of small friends to take down to the pub :drunk: :beer:

Babybadger
Wednesday 21st June 2006, 16:45
Cheers guys, that is good to know. Now all I need is some children..... or lots of small friends to take down to the pub :drunk: :beer:

I can sell you the kids down the road ........ noisy b'stards.....or hang around the set of 'Lord of the rings' for some dwarves.

Vikingxl
Saturday 24th June 2006, 15:57
I can sell you the kids down the road ........ noisy b'stards.....or hang around the set of 'Lord of the rings' for some dwarves.
Well said i know of a dwarf window cleaner you could have!

thunderace
Thursday 6th July 2006, 01:19
maybe this'll help
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/thunderace887/Pict0750.jpg