PDA

View Full Version : Lambda...

M44K TS
Monday 28th March 2005, 12:16
The lambda light is on in my car and i have been told that it's simply the oxygen sensor/lambda. This is only since i have fitted an induction kit. If i drive the car steady and keep the turbo gauge to about 0 psi (middle of the gauge i've been told???) it is fine, but as soon as i boot it, it comes on.

I have also been told by a friend who's dad has an 850 T5 aswell that when the same thing happened to his, it slowed the car right down. When i eventually get round to changing it, will it make the car quicker?

It's quite embarrasing that a stripped out 106 Raylle with the GTi engine conversion is quicker! it seems to be getting slower by the day.

andi t5
Monday 28th March 2005, 13:19
hi, what fault code is associated with the warning light?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 28th March 2005, 13:32
Mine came on for about a week so i had it to the dealers who reset it for £30 grrrrrrr but touch wood it's not come on since. There were 2 fault codes on mine too.

siamblue
Monday 28th March 2005, 15:13
Mine came on for about a week so i had it to the dealers who reset it for £30 grrrrrrr but touch wood it's not come on since. There were 2 fault codes on mine too.

They should've given you the codes and told you of the faults,There's no point in resetting if you have a teporary/permanent problem as it will come on again in a matter of time.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 28th March 2005, 17:33
The codes were on the invoice, but they did me a favour by having a quick look at it for me so i couldnt really expect a a full inquest. They said if it comes on again it would need further diagnostics. :blahblah:

nikgallagher
Monday 28th March 2005, 18:00
Check the vaccum hoses - a search on here will reveal the tips I got from our ever-helpful members.