PDA

View Full Version : flat spot?

monkey_boy
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 11:12
As some may know i am new to my C70 T5 and also new to turbo cars.

Sometimes under gentle acceleration between 3000 and 3200rpm i feel what i think is a flat spot. If i gun it i dont feel anything but in "normal" driving i may be lightly accelerating towards a gear change and i feel this flat spot. Is this turbo lag? Its only for a second as i then change gear or accelerate harde in which case the revs rise and it goes. Its quite pronounced which surprised me and makes me wonder if its another issue.

SaffronC70
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 11:34
Hi

That does sound like ETM symptoms . . .

Have you checked the non-return valve in my other thread ? This is so easy to do, it's not worth not doing.

Chris

volvotuning
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 11:37
it's not worth not doing.

Isn't it just easier to say "it's worth doing"? lol :)

Adam.

SaffronC70
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 11:47
it's not worth not saying it's worth doing when it's not worth it

:)

volvotuning
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 11:53
it's not worth not saying it's worth doing when it's not worth it

:)

if it's not worth not saying it's worth doing when it's no worth it, is it not worth saying that it's worth doing because it's not worth not doing?

:cuckoo:

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 12:01
if it's not worth not saying it's worth doing when it's not worth it, is it not worth saying that it's worth doing because it's not worth not doing?

:cuckoo:

Adam.

Let me get this straight. If he says its not worth not doing is the same as you saying its worth doing then is it worth saying it, or is it not worth it?

monkey_boy
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 12:19
I'll take a look at the thread about the non return valves. Damn now i am nerveous!

monkey_boy
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 12:31
just out of interest how do i know what/if i have any faults codes? do i need some sort of reader?

rgracin
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 12:42
Monkey boy. Did you pass me this morning at the bottom of Chappel Hill in Halstead?? Dark blue P2 V70 T5.

monkey_boy
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 12:49
Could well have been me. I am probably the only "gay gold" in the village :D. I left late this morning. About 7.15 ish.

rgracin
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 12:58
Yep, it was about that time.

Had the same problem with mine. Flat spots, and erratic idling which wasn't too bad to start, but just got worse.

I took my ETM off, cleaned all up inside, and it now works a treat.

Let me know if you want some guidence.

monkey_boy
Tuesday 20th June 2006, 13:03
Nice one. You've put my mind at rest for the moment. I'll try cleaning out the one way valves and take it from there. I just didnt fancy Marshalls in Cambridge changing everything willy nilly for the sake of ramping up my service bill.

Thanks for the advice.

If you see me again give me a flash (headlights!)

roadrunner
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 08:35
Hi all

Had no luck in previous thread so will try here. p2 v70 t5 uneven idle and slight misfire under light throttle seems to be the etm i am thinking. looking at past threads can anyone point me in the direction of the etm so i can clean it.

monkey_boy
Thursday 22nd June 2006, 11:19
Here you go Roadrunner. What you describe is exactly what i have. Its going in for a service/check up on Monday (main dealer) so i will let you know the outcome.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t10003-p-uneven-idle.html

VolvoPaws
Saturday 1st July 2006, 15:10
Did you get to the root of your problem??
You describe the flat spot that my 850 has to a tee, but when I've searched the site all the threads talk about uneven idle, which mine doesn't have. It does keep the high revs though.
How did you get on?