PDA

View Full Version : Stuck CD

The Saint
Monday 19th June 2006, 12:43
I've got a CD stuck in my SC900 and I can't listen to any CD's now. It comes up with Error 02 (which I presume means disc #2 is stuck).

I've tried ejecting a million times but nought's happening.

Anyone got an idea how to release it (are there any reset buttons??)

Jaseb77
Monday 19th June 2006, 12:47
is this the 3-disc changer ?

I have unstuck mine by, emptying the cartridge put it back in and leave for a cuple of mins to search through all empty slots.

then try eject, you may find disk #2 comes outs now but in slot1 or 3 in cartridge

hope this helps

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th June 2006, 13:11
It isnt that hard to extra the disk once the unit is out. Just need some fine philips screw drivers and the radio code. Once you have the top panel off you can hand wind the mech to see what is stuck.

The Saint
Monday 19th June 2006, 16:05
Thanks, it is the 3-disc one, so I'll empty it and try to keep ejecting and if that doesn't work, I'll take the system out.

Liddo
Monday 19th June 2006, 18:13
Thanks, it is the 3-disc one, so I'll empty it and try to keep ejecting and if that doesn't work, I'll take the system out.

DOH! It did that to me once :D I think if you put the empty cartridge in a few times, it eventually releases! If its a copy one, they are a pain. Then units only work well with printable disks.

Good luck mate

:B_thumb:

r7uss
Monday 19th June 2006, 19:56
i had that prob before i changed my unit. took it to the dealer and they sorted it on the spot free of charge, was quite lucky really!

The Saint
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 09:06
Tried to eject them by putting the cartridge in and out but gave up after about 20 times.

How does the unit come out? HELP!!!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 10:28
There are two push tabs that pull out on a latch at either side. Get a screwdriver or a coin and push them in and they will pop out. Full extend them to release the latches. Pull the radio out.

Liddo
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 11:02
Then, get a small posi screwdriver and take the top cover off.
Power on the unit with the cartridge out, and give the stuck CD a spin manually. Put the cartridge back in, and hopefully it'll grip and spit out. I think those units have problems gripping copied CD,s

Good luck mate!

How's the bonnet????

the_boy
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 12:22
Try a shake before taking the lid off. I found that removing the power cable for about 30 seconds allowed it to reset itself and it would start working again.

Better to try that first IMO.

As Dave has said there is a slot at either side of the main console, push them in using a key and they should click and then eject. Fully extend them until they click again and then just slide it out. Putting it back in is easier, just slide it back and push the handles until they click. You don't have to use a key to do it this time as they don't need to go fully in.