PDA

View Full Version : Two months in and...

adriancole
Sunday 18th June 2006, 10:22
Am now a very happy camper with my T5.

After the initial purchase i had a few niggling problems, which peeved me a bit esp as it was a dealer bought car.

ETM failed, no aircon, loose steering feeling, not as much power as i though / remembered, handling all over the show, crap brakes.

Though looks wise the car is stunning with an immaculate interior.

Back and forth over the last few weeks to said dealer i bought car off resulted in only marginal improvement, though i did end up with a new ETM.

Fed up i decided to take it upon myself to get the car good and am now claimimg most back through the solicitors and courts under the Sale of Goods Act.

Car is now running very peachily....

Add strut brace, new droplinks and the handling been transformed, now it handles more like i thought it should, stearing much tighter through the twisty bits, next i feel is to have less roll and keep the car flatter without loosing the comfort of the ride.....

Also the exhaust, added a new stainless TME catback, whilst a bit noisier pootling round town, it has liberated the top end and the car feels rather more savage in hte acceleration at higher revs.....much more like a turbo now.....

Brakes, new disks and pads all round, and a new caliper on one rear side.
Braking now brilliant.

Also feeling much more confident in its day to day running, all hose clips replaced as well as new hoses where needed.

Brighter bulbs transformed night time driving experience.

All need to do now are the wheels and touch in the stone chips and the car will be totally fantastic.

Thats my storey up to this point in my first two months of ownership

dreadly
Sunday 18th June 2006, 11:14
What was wrong with the engine, other than the ETM ?

adriancole
Sunday 18th June 2006, 13:29
What was wrong with the engine, other than the ETM ?

Variable valve timing sensor, turbo boost sensor all renewed

New hoses and clips where weak and rusty

PCV totally cleaned out

Now no fault codes at all and the engine running very sweetly

dicky b t5
Sunday 18th June 2006, 18:06
Nice one mate, Much more fun when their running sweet as a nut.

What Bulbs did you put in your lights btw..?:)

dreadly
Sunday 18th June 2006, 18:12
I didn't know the 1999 P1 had VVT - Or was it only on one CAM ???

I am getting concerned with my S60 - When I bought it, it would do 160 on the clock no problem, now itstruggles to get 130! - Especially on hot / Humid days.

May have to go and see the stealer again - Maybe it just needs a RICA upgrade?.

adriancole
Sunday 18th June 2006, 18:25
Nice one mate, Much more fun when their running sweet as a nut.

What Bulbs did you put in your lights btw..?:)

The bulbs are Ring UltraXenon Halogen H7, says 50% brighter, though i suspect that claim....what they are though is much much whiter and crisper than the bulbs that were in there before.....not up to HID i suspect, though for £15 i thought i would give them a go and am very happy with them....

car is very very sweet now, confidence in it is totally restored, so happy i might go and polish her again....

Cheers
Adrian

adriancole
Sunday 18th June 2006, 18:28

I am getting concerned with my S60 - When I bought it, it would do 160 on the clock no problem, now itstruggles to get 130! - Especially on hot / Humid days.

Neither did i to be honest, though i am happy to corrected on that....think its something to do with emission control......have your codes checked first.....and the heat thing is about the how air condenses or something, my motorbike is alwyas quicker when the air cold...!!

adrian

ripper
Sunday 18th June 2006, 20:13

All need to do now are the wheels and touch in the stone chips and the car will be totally fantastic.

Adrian

You mention wheels again, have you seen the thread about a "Mint" set of titans for sale? These are the ones i pm'd you about yet the cost was a little higher than what they are up for now, and i must admit they do look seriously mint, set of 5 for £500 quid

If i hadn't had the ones of Matt i'd have gone for them.

Worth a look at if you're still after a set of Titans though.

adriancole
Sunday 18th June 2006, 21:06
Yes am and am in negitiations... ;)

cheers for the heads up again

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th June 2006, 11:13

Suggest that you need to have it looked at. Air leaks and other bits e.g. pedal sensor switch could (and I said COULD) be robbing you off power.