PDA

View Full Version : Squealy brakes....

adriancole
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:42
OK, replaced disks and pads all round, Brembo and Zimmerman i think with Ferrodo Premium pads, all about two weeks ago....

Brakes are now squealing at any opportunity unless i really stand on them...if i just coast up to a junction with a light pressure they really make a noise and its now starting to bug me....

Is there something i can add to the pads / calipers to stop it?

Have i seen anti-squeal paste somewhere....think i have?

cheers all

adrian

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:57
I have a how-2 - go forth and seek it (unless yer lazy and want the linky?)

aah I guess not...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1277&highlight=squeaking

same principle applies to the front - only you have to cut the shims out slightly differently

adriancole
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:59
opps, forgot i could search......

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th June 2006, 00:00
Just kiddin - you werent to know - but it is a common prob.

adriancole
Friday 16th June 2006, 00:03
ok read link post, thanks for that, looks like next weekend job....

adrian

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th June 2006, 08:40
I have the stick on shims if you need them. Maybe we should wait till July 9th - to the E. Anglia meet. Have felt the need recently to find out what you lot are all doin down there!

adriancole
Friday 16th June 2006, 12:32
Thanks for the great offer, car in garage this morning having a new exhaust, so got them to change the pads to police spec ones as they have that rubber stuff on the back already......though now know for the next project.........and will be needing the shims for that......

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th June 2006, 12:40
Some compounds tend to squeak more than others and it is variable car to car.

Liddo
Friday 16th June 2006, 15:08
I know the answer!!!! Copper Grease. Available from most Motor Factors, and will stop rattles, squeaks, screaches!!! Did my girlfriends Fiesta last week and ya cant hear a peep out of them now. Just spread the grease on the areas the touch the calipers, and hey presto ;)

:)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th June 2006, 16:32
Tried it and alone it doesnt work - honest!