PDA

View Full Version : Volvo UK ETM/software update?

c70mel
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:42
Hey,

Have I missed anything to do with this ETM software upgrade which Volvo were offering? Heard about it on a few posts that Volvo UK were going to release an upgrade in April this year to help prevent the ETM failure somehow

Dunno how a software change would help it anyway!

cheers

adriancole
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:46
I had the upgrade then my ETM failed four days later.......it was misbehaving anyway i must add....

From what i beleive it merely stops the sensors being as sensative and prevents a sudden failure...merely prolongs it...well thats what some American site i read said....my ETS light came on four days after the upgrade adn the car started to stutter more and more.......

c70mel
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:49
I had the upgrade then my ETM failed four days later.......it was misbehaving anyway i must add....

From what i beleive it merely stops the sensors being as sensative and prevents a sudden failure...merely prolongs it...well thats what some American site i read said....my ETS light came on four days after the upgrade adn the car started to stutter more and more.......

Do you just toodle into a Volvo stealer and ask for it free of charge then? Would you recommend it? I suppose if yours was playing up b4 the update then you cant really tell.

adriancole
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:51
yup cant advise you on that i am afraid and i seem to think it wasnt free.....maybe £14 or something...i didnt pay so cant really remember, teh dealership i bought car off paid for the work done at a main dealer....if you get me...

have to say very happy now as have got new ETM.

Its tru what people say though, if it aint broke......dont fix it.....