PDA

View Full Version : Creaky Rear Plastics!!! Cureable??

Liddo
Thursday 15th June 2006, 10:38
Since Im gonna keep the old girl, I thought Id sort out the niggley things that need doing.

One of them is the creaking plastics in the boot area. Anyone got any tips on how to stop them??? Ive thought of taking the plastics off, and greasing the rear of them, but that might get messy. Anyone done something like this before???

Cheers

Paul

adriancole
Thursday 15th June 2006, 10:42
My old 440 used to squeek and when i had i serviced volvo gave me a small can of something.....think it was silicon spray...not sure though, to squirt along all the rubbing edges......will see if i still have it

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th June 2006, 10:43
fix kit for boot trim/card.

Velcro - you can use the self adhesive stuff in two ways. Use the soft side on its own - stick to the metal (wipe with brake cleaner or similar first)
or use both parts to secure more sturdily.

Liddo
Thursday 15th June 2006, 11:02
fix kit for boot trim/card.

Velcro - you can use the self adhesive stuff in two ways. Use the soft side on its own - stick to the metal (wipe with brake cleaner or similar first)
or use both parts to secure more sturdily.

Arrrghhhhh, well done Dave, never thought of the Velcro stuff :B_thumb:
I've got the fixing kit for the boot altready ;) (Fleabay)

Liddo
Thursday 15th June 2006, 11:05
My old 440 used to squeek and when i had i serviced volvo gave me a small can of something.....think it was silicon spray...not sure though, to squirt along all the rubbing edges......will see if i still have it

I had a small tin of that, its white with a blue top. I think thats just for the door straps though :confused: Anyhooo, thats run out!

I think the Velcro idea's a goodun! well, the soft half of the Velcro ;)

adriancole
Thursday 15th June 2006, 14:48
Yes thats the one, small blue and white, though they gave it to me to stop the dashboard squeeking....just squirted it all around from door over the top under the windscreen adn to the other door....worked a treat....with the occasional re-squirt when it reappeared....

oh and it worked for squeeky pedals too, brake one used to be rather loud