PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought/thought for Food

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th June 2006, 09:33
KTT BBQ III
I have to say with both sittings I wasnt too far off with the food quantity. I'll buy more soft drink next year. Would like some more feedback on fav foods though. I was a bit disappointed with the burgers (but there were no fresh at Makro). I think I will buy just mince next year and make my own.

Marks out of 10 for the following (0 being bleeuerrr! 10 being Michelin Star)
would be appreciated. Just copy the list and stick a mark on it.

BBQ Chicken (home made)
Indian Chicken (home made)
Chinese Ribs (home made)
BBQ Ribs (cheat)
Sausages
Burgers
Chilli-con-Carne (home made)
mozzy/tom/cardo salad (home made)
Pesto Pasta salad (home made)
Iti Tom Pasta salad (home made)
Potato Salad (home made)
Bread

Any other constructive criticism would be most welcome.

arbee
Thursday 15th June 2006, 09:53
Food was generally excellent Dave :) Salads burgers/sausages are less messy - as Guy will testify after i went to shake his hand after consuming a Rib lol! - but all good. You forgot the Chilli - that was the best chilli I've had for ages!!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th June 2006, 09:56
Yes I was pleased with the Chilli. Vitch cooked it, under my direction (team effort). Cracked the whip like Gordon Ramsey!

More napkins?

bubba_1986
Thursday 15th June 2006, 16:39
I give everting a 10 wobbly, except ribs cos i dont like them :biggrin:

Food was great, great people, great weather, top time

Looking forward to next year already

Bubba

mulletboy2
Friday 16th June 2006, 14:00
I only really tried the burgers, which I'd give about a 6 for food quality (cooking was great, cheese was superb.. just the burgers themselves weren't "the best").

I liked the potato salad - 8/10

If you want good sausages, tesco's own chili/etc.. sausages are great on BBQ's... 24 for £5 if they're on offer, which they have been recently.

All in all though mate, I don't think anyone could complain with the selection/quality of food. But for ****'s sake get some cider (or something else) next year... not *everyone* drinks wine or lager ;)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th June 2006, 16:26
Point fairly made. Cider will be back on the menu next year. And maybe a summer punch (with and without alcohol)
I bought 32 sausages per pack for 4 quid. I thought they were fine.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming. I need it to help me make a better one for next year

philt6
Friday 16th June 2006, 18:52
sounds a cracking menu i'll keep it in mind for mine in a couple of weeks.
i do a variation of an ainsley potato salad which does go down well had one last year more beer was drunk than food eaten