PDA

View Full Version : Back box and service light .....

st1t5
Thursday 15th June 2006, 05:55
Is there suppoused to be a rear silencer box just at the other side of the bumper on the C70 T5's ? just curious as on some pics of C70's there is a silencer there, yet there is not one on my car ? just a straight pipe .... and is the service light time or milage activated ?

Thanks ;)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th June 2006, 09:46
It is possible you might have seen a few aftermarket set ups. The standard exhaust on all 70 series has a suitcase sized mid box about level with the rear seats and a smaller back box just in front of the detachable tip.

Service light thing - no idea mate.
Mine comes on - HLM turn it off. #shrugs#

c70mel
Thursday 15th June 2006, 12:07
service light is a mix of both time and mileage. I persume it turns on when ever comes first. However mine came on before 12months and 10000 miles so dunno what that is on about.

After_Shock
Thursday 15th June 2006, 18:13
c70mel yours might not have been re set at the right time hence it coming on too early.

siamblue
Thursday 15th June 2006, 18:15
with the AWD's they only came with rear boxes, no mid suitcase,
straight pipe from the cat to the rear box on each side,

Gary.

st1t5
Thursday 15th June 2006, 18:41
The service light just came on before i bought it at 74k and that was for its 80k service so im thinking it may be time activated ... i'll find out for sure on its next service .. :lol:

.. im just trying to learn my way around the car ;)

BlackBeast
Thursday 15th June 2006, 18:53
Service light - just take the bulb out, its useless anyway. If you look after the car you know when it needs a service, you dont need an annoying light on in the dash all the time.

After_Shock
Thursday 15th June 2006, 19:16
Can always manually switch if off so that it doesnt come on for the next 12months or 12k miles.

st1t5
Thursday 15th June 2006, 22:56
So how do you switch off the service light ?

When the mechanic done it it only took him seconds but he would not show me how he done it, and he done it from inside the car ..

c70mel
Thursday 15th June 2006, 22:59
So how do you switch off the service light ?

When the mechanic done it it only took him seconds but he would not show me how he done it, and he done it from inside the car ..

do a search, my mechanic showed me but forgot excatly now. Something like press the oddmeter (what ever its called) button in for several seconds? Anyone?

After_Shock
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:07
I think its hold down odometer reset button and turn ignition on to position 2, wait for the service light to start to flash then turn ignition off and remove the key then turn back on and all should be re set I think.

st1t5
Thursday 15th June 2006, 23:19
I knew it was something simple as he was in and out the car in seconds :lol:

Thanks ;)