PDA

View Full Version : Remove Silencer

bubba_1986
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 22:47
Hey guys and gals

I know already best way to go for system is miltec, but for the now my question is.

How much would there be in increase of noise if i was to remove only main silencer box on my c70 t5 me7.

Would there be any effect on turbo, ie: back pressure :confused:

Just curious the now, not saying i would replace with a stainless pipe

Bubba :)

fraz13
Thursday 15th June 2006, 01:41
Man if its the "suitcase" your talkin about there will be a big difference in noise, A bit intrusive on motorway driving but sounds fab about town..... If its the rear silencer theres hardly any difference, My car doesnt have a rear silencer at all.

Give that place that a got mine done a shout......

TwistedSanity
Thursday 15th June 2006, 08:18
just had a quick look at mine, its a powerflow system , the tailpipe diameter is 4 1/2 inches!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th June 2006, 09:39
That's just rude!

SaffronC70
Thursday 15th June 2006, 11:52
Have a look at my site to see what I have done.

It's not too intrusive at all and it actually quite quiet when tootling about.

Chris

bubba_1986
Thursday 15th June 2006, 16:12
Man if its the "suitcase" your talkin about there will be a big difference in noise, A bit intrusive on motorway driving but sounds fab about town..... If its the rear silencer theres hardly any difference, My car doesnt have a rear silencer at all.

Give that place that a got mine done a shout......

Yeah am talking about the suitcase, i forgot thats how u described it on sat :lol:

As thats is only silencer on car, do u think would be too loud, thinking of getting that guy u went too to make me a backbox up.

Or should i wait till i can afford a miltec :confused:

P.S, Where is the guy located that trained cameron and campbell from c&c

Cheers Fraz,

Bubba

fraz13
Thursday 15th June 2006, 16:19
He's in Kilbirnie, Unit 11 Paddockholm Ind Est, My green car sounded awsome but a bit loud on motorways, Well worth doing if noise aint an issue ;)

bubba_1986
Thursday 15th June 2006, 16:30
He's in Kilbirnie, Unit 11 Paddockholm Ind Est, My green car sounded awsome but a bit loud on motorways, Well worth doing if noise aint an issue ;)

Hmm am thinking about it lol, i sent you a pm mate about that sticker

Bubba :biggrin:

lance
Thursday 15th June 2006, 16:56
Well the back bracket on the rear back box often needs attention so thats one way of getting more noise,
I found my old 16t to be very whistley and whiney compared to my new 19T > So now that makes the 5 pot Thrum more noticable which is no bad thing

bubba_1986
Thursday 15th June 2006, 17:02
Well the back bracket on the rear back box often needs attention so thats one way of getting more noise,
I found my old 16t to be very whistley and whiney compared to my new 19T > So now that makes the 5 pot Thrum more noticable which is no bad thing

I have no rear silencer box, only one main " Suitcase " silencing box

Bubba

After_Shock
Thursday 15th June 2006, 18:10
With turbo'd cars the turbo itself cuts out alot of noise from exhaust systems until the turbo cuts in of course then all hell breaks loose!

You probably wouldnt notice any real gain in performance removing the suitcase as its too far back in the system to alter the back pressure but would sound much better.