PDA

View Full Version : Interior light is staying on...

JO5EPH
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 22:00
(and yes i've checked the switch by the sunroof!)

Its only just started happening, I switch the engine off, interior lights come on, I get out and shut the door and arm the car and the lights are still on :(

It also happens when I get into the car, I'll open it up, the lights come on, then they stay on as if a door is open, which it isnt.

To temporarily overcome this i've just been sat there like an eejit opening/closing my door until the interior lights go off!

So any ideas people?! :confused:

Many thanks,

Joe :)

r07s
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 22:09
is it the same with all doors? if the other doors dont have sympton then it must be a sensor on that door, if not then something system-wide...

its gotta be a sensor right? good luck eh!

JO5EPH
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 22:17
Yeah I think its just the drivers door, so where abouts are the sensors?? :confused:

Al115
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 22:24
Inside the lock mechanism IIRC. :(

JO5EPH
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 23:02
Oh balls :(

Might just take the bulbs out until I get time/money to sort it :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help anyway!

Al115
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 08:40
Does it work better if you SLAM the door? Mine did that for a while.

You can try squirting WD40 into the door lock for a temporary fix...

JO5EPH
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 17:33
Does it work better if you SLAM the door?

No mate :( It just 'fixes' itself temporarily at random :confused:

Daz T5
Friday 16th June 2006, 14:43
I've had this on one of mine before, but as mentioned above, used to go off when doors were slammed. Try Salvo for a door lock mechanism:)

JO5EPH
Friday 16th June 2006, 18:40
I've had this on one of mine before, but as mentioned above, used to go off when doors were slammed. Try Salvo for a door lock mechanism:)

Yeah cheers for that mate, are they much hassle to fit??

It doesnt seem to matter if I slam it or not, just goes balls-up at random, damned electrical faults! :(