PDA

View Full Version : Satnav

skye
Sunday 11th June 2006, 23:40
Anyone tell me where the discs go in for the sat nav in S60R the version I have came with the car - 2004-can you update them,if so where.
Cheers

cm2k
Monday 12th June 2006, 10:48
I think it is the same as the S80. Open the boot, look to your left (Nearside) not much further from the brake light and you will see a switch that you turn this open's/removes the boot fabric panel.

The Sat Nav Changer and box is behind there, turn the car on and you will be able to swap the CD's.

Chris

skye
Monday 12th June 2006, 15:16
Where can you get updated discs ?

cm2k
Thursday 15th June 2006, 10:53
Your dealer's parts department can order them in. Be aware they are very pricey at about £300

Anthmurphy
Friday 16th June 2006, 01:23
Yer, i need them too. one other question because i gave up trying to find out for myself, an you not just put audio cds in the changer as well as the cd roms.

After_Shock
Friday 16th June 2006, 08:59
I think they have reduced the costs of them, about £100 last time checked.

cm2k
Friday 16th June 2006, 10:51
Yer, i need them too. one other question because i gave up trying to find out for myself, an you not just put audio cds in the changer as well as the cd roms.

Unfortunately it won't work, it runs on a different system from the radio, and the changer cannot decode dvd's/cd's e.t.c (Depending on your system).

Some people have bought a convertor, which you have to splice into the NAV wiring and that allows you to watch DVD's through the system.

Chris

proper-bo
Sunday 25th June 2006, 15:03
were can i get a convertor to watch dvds and wont the picture go off over 5mph

thanks

Rufe
Sunday 25th June 2006, 15:11
sat nav upgrade disks come out each year froom volvo, at about £100 or so.

with aftermarket DVD/screen head units kits you put the green wire straight to an earth instead of the handbrake which they tell you to do in the instructions (which go's to earth when handbrake is on) and get round it that way. not got a clue how you would do it with the volvo one though, obviously they are designed to not be watched while moving.

cm2k
Monday 26th June 2006, 10:39
Here is one example:

http://nav-tv.co.uk/products.php?prodcat=10&catname=Volvo

This one allows TV on a non TV nav set:

http://www.tvonnav.com/volvorgb.html