PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Sensors and A/F Meters

NugentS
Sunday 11th June 2006, 09:16
I would like to fit an air fuel meter in a pod but am having a small problem with getting possible suppliers to understand what it is I want.

I do not really want to fit my own lambda sensor to work whatever guage I buy - it would be better for me to use the one already on the car. However I seem to recall that the Volvo Lambda sensor uses an unusual voltage range.

Now I assume that unless the guages work on magic they have to be calibrated to use the correct voltage range and thus cannot be "universal" fit.

So...........
1. Can anyone confirm the voltage range for the front lambda for a Volvo S70 2.5 LPT MY 1998?

2. Can anyone reccomend a suitable A/F meter - in any format (preferably not too expensive) that I could use off the Volvo Lambda

Sean

iGGy
Sunday 11th June 2006, 11:12
I think in most cases with AFR meters people use a dedicated wideband sensor for the task. This will require an extra bung hole being welded into the downpipe.

As for sharing the existing one used by the ECU, I'd say it will probably cause problems as I doubt the ECU is designed with that possibility in mind and you will end up confusing it.