PDA

View Full Version : What part is this? (a brake pipe)

JO5EPH
Saturday 10th June 2006, 16:45
Had the car in to get the 302 discs fitted and some braided brake lines, but the following part hindered the fitting of the brake lines;

"Front offside brake pipe from ABS unit to right hand flexible hose". :confused:

Apparently he rounded the bolt trying to get it off but its stuck solid, so I need a new one of these by Thursday/Friday, I was thinking Marshalls but I havent a clue of the part name (let alone number) and like I said I need it before the weekend.

Many thanks,

Joe :)

P.S. Car is a 1997 S70 T5

BigJC
Saturday 10th June 2006, 16:58
Hi Joe,

Thats the same pipe that gave me probs when mraldonnelly changed my disks, the fecker wouldn't budge hence why the braided lines remain in the boot of mine!

It sounds like the metal brake line and can be sorted by cutting and flaring with a new union. Any competant mechanic can sort this out for you and they are cheap. You'll need more brake fluid so why not swap to DOT 5.1 if you haven't already?

What disks/pads did you opt for in the end?

Cheers,
Jon

JO5EPH
Sunday 11th June 2006, 11:29
Cheers mate, I'll forward that idea to him...

Just got the 302 discs on with Ferrodo DS2500's and 5.1 fluid too.

So can anyone get the part number/name for the pipe just in case I need it?

Many thanks,

JO5EPH
Sunday 11th June 2006, 19:14
:( Right well if the cutting/flaring idea is a no-go - the only reason I can think it wont be is that they may not want to guarantee it for some reason?!).

So I'll put it to him first thing (ish - its my day off!) tomorrow, and then I'll give Marshalls a ring to get the part if needed.

One thing though, I still dont know the name/number of the part I need so I'll probably have to get the mechanic to phone them, then i'll phone Marshalls and pay for it, in a round-about sort of way! :rolleyes:

Will hopefully get it sorted for my track day....:B_steerin

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 11th June 2006, 21:36
A photo would be good....

iGGy
Sunday 11th June 2006, 22:09
I think it'd be #3
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/igg1e/Car/s70-Brake_pipes.jpg

JO5EPH
Monday 12th June 2006, 10:37
Yeah I'm 99% sure its number 3 too, but I dont want to get the wrong part with little time left to sort it out.

So i've sent the pic to the mechanic, and i'm about to phone him to confirm it. Will also see if he wants to do the cutting/flaring thing as mentioned by BigJC.

Many thanks once again!

P.S. I didnt want to put a pic up myself as I'd have probably identified the wrong part, I'm clever like that :redface:

JO5EPH
Monday 12th June 2006, 11:02
Sorted :D

Thanks to Oliver @ Marshalls :worship:

Liddo
Monday 12th June 2006, 11:33
Well done :B_thumb:

My car didnt sell, so Im gonna keep her. Wanna sell the old disks mate ;) Im sure they were only a couple of thousand miles old ;) Let me know

JO5EPH
Monday 12th June 2006, 12:39
Well done :B_thumb:

My car didnt sell, so Im gonna keep her. Wanna sell the old disks mate ;) Im sure they were only a couple of thousand miles old ;) Let me know

PM sent, sorry!