PDA

View Full Version : Whats the diagnosis?

BlackBeast
Saturday 10th June 2006, 14:49
The car stutters/misfires (not sure what to call it) at 3k rpm at WOT. Its kind of a momentary flat spot. It wont do it higher up in the rev range and i dont think, but what could be causing it?

BlackBeast
Saturday 10th June 2006, 20:33
:( It happens in every gear aswell.

BlackBeast
Sunday 11th June 2006, 10:30
Well im going to change plugs, leads, rotor and cap to see if that changes anything. If anyone has any ideas on what it could be it would be greatfully appreciated.

BlackBeast
Saturday 17th June 2006, 15:34
Well, i swaped all the stuff i mentioned above over today, what came out was plugs, they were standard volvo R6 versions, all with grey tips i.e normal. Leads were standard bougicord which were all hard but no damage to them. The rotor was badly scratched and the dizzy cap was cracked in 2 places on the outside and the metal parts inside were all scratched to death with metal filings all over them.

Anyway, they were replaced with NGK 7EVX (platinums) from a local motor factors, bougicord leads, cap and rotor were from PFV.

Started it up to check that ive done everything correctly, no unusual lights came on in the dash lol. It started up and revved perfectly. Will just have to wait and see if it cures the problems ive had.

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 17th June 2006, 16:42
Hi did you check your HT leads closely for colour they should be a nice light grey colour any brown colour and its a lead set you need,don't forget the coil lead ! We change loads of them only ever genuine volvo ones i would advise to change your plugs to volvo only.

Russ:)

BlackBeast
Saturday 17th June 2006, 16:53
I didnt check the leads up close and yes the coil lead was also changed. Genuine volvo leads are bougicords, and i replaced them with a new set of bougicords. Volvo price is around £120 for a set inc the coil lead. Am i going to pay that much when i can get exactly the same leads for £35!?!

Why would you advise volvo only plugs?

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 17th June 2006, 16:55
I have always used volvo plugs have had nothing put problems with the other makes where did you find bouricourd leads for £35.00

Russ