PDA

View Full Version : brakes

kimbaleeg
Saturday 10th June 2006, 11:34
hi just wondered if any one knows if you can get drilled/groved brake disks for s70R as some dafty has worpped my standard disks so need changed and thought ov getting some perfomance ones checked couple ov local factors including europarts and they all said they do them for the t5 but not the R please help thanks :troutslap

dreadly
Saturday 10th June 2006, 12:08
To warp the standard disks on an 'R', you must have been doing something seriously wrong.. - Suggest using the handbrake at traffic lights to allow the disks to cool uniformly rather than sitting on the footbrake.

Secondly it maybe caused by a failure of the callipers, you probably have a sticking piston, would recommend checking them and mebee a set of recon units.

I believe parts for volvo's online and Marshalls do them, both can be found on this site.

Don't use cheap'o pads, most cars I’ve had, cheap disks + Pads always seem to warp too easily.

Hope this helps ?

kimbaleeg
Saturday 10th June 2006, 12:27
hi thanks for that, i only bought it 3 weeks ago and it was like this when i got it im thinking there warped as now and again you get judder though steering wheel and as i was going to change disks to rectify thought i would get some drilled/groved ones will try the places you said thanks again:thewave:

kimbaleeg
Friday 16th June 2006, 11:02
hi just got a price for drilled/groved disks 302mm tarox the pair £250 plus vat not fitted is this expensive and are the tarox disks good any bodie tryed them before ect thanks :Handshake

Wobbly Dave
Friday 16th June 2006, 12:02
Seems very pricy indeed to me. Includes pads? Front pair only?

If you need replacement calipers - seek spares from www.salvogroup.co.uk (http://www.salvogroup.co.uk) - And dont forget to ask for VPC discount.

Berts70R
Friday 16th June 2006, 14:29
I got them from the states,front and back cross drilled delivered for 300euro,

www.fcpgroton.com

Regards

kimbaleeg
Friday 16th June 2006, 18:03
cheer mates for the replies the price was just front disks and the pads where going tobe about £80-£90 for fronts also i thought it was abit much aswell going by whats been said on here might just put standard disks and pads on as local volvo dealer quted about £150 for both disks and pads fit them my self so no labour thank god thanks agian for replies :thewave: