PDA

View Full Version : Vadis

MWT5
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 17:35
Hi
Does Anyone Have Vadis, Is So Could You Check Abs Pump Numbers To See If They Are Compatable As My Pump Is U/s And Siamblue Has One But The Numbers Are Different.
Does This Matter That The Pump Numbers Are Different His Pump Is From A S70 (98) And Mine Is V70 (99) You Would Think They Would Be The Same Pump Only Being A Year Apart.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 17:48
Vadis is nul and void and not available to the general pulic

x

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 17:50
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t2370-please-note-software-inc-vadis.html

x

MWT5
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 17:55
Is My Local Volvo Dealer Likely To Tell Me If These Two Pumps Are Interchangable Or Will They Try To Sell Me A New One?

Engineer
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 19:07
IMHO Vadis won’t help you guys, you need advice from peeps that have been down that road before or suck it and see for yourselves. Sorry to be blunt but that’s the way it is with Volvo part numbers mate. ECU’s come to mind lol.

T5ER
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 19:10
very true vadis is :pants: to be honest better off doing a search on both part numbers through there new VIDA system to check what the difference is

Rufe
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 19:56
purely as a parts catalouge, VIDA has basically hardly any advantages over VADIS. the same mistakes carried over from VADIS to VIDA, pictures are the same, in effect as a parts catalogue, VIDA isn't really that much better than the microfiche system i used to use when i first started at volvo, when VADIS was first being phased in.

to answer your question, looking at the part numbers i would say that they are very likely to be different between the 1998 and 1999 models for some reason. if i remember i can try to cross reference them properly tomorrow using volvo vision (the live system), which with doing this i should be able to give a definite answer.

siamblue
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 19:59
Thanks Rufe you are a star,

Gary.

Rufe
Wednesday 7th June 2006, 13:54
i double checked today and the numbers do not cross reference at all., leading me to think that they will not be compatible sorry.

first though, you should be 100% certain that your model years are definitely different, by both of you checking your VIN numbers.... as im forever hearing people calling thier 99 models 98. (may have been registered in 98, but it could still be a 99 model), Click here to identify correct model years... (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/t3876-correct-model-year-identification.html)

may be worth double checking your model years according to volvo, but one more point, if they are the same years, you still need to check that you both have the same type of traction control. either just ABS, TRACS, or STC - both vehicles must have same set up here for the pumps to be the same :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 7th June 2006, 13:56
IMHO easiest way to tell is if the ABS Control unit numbers are the same and have the same positions for the posts that the actuators slot on to.

siamblue
Wednesday 7th June 2006, 16:26
Mine is definitely a 98 (W)