PDA

View Full Version : One for the top spec estate owners...

M44K TS
Friday 25th March 2005, 18:31
Hi, i was wondering what the sound system is like in the T5 estates. I have the premium one in my saloon which has the rear shelf speakers which are quite bassy. I was wondering what the estate has because i was looking in the back of my dads (2.5 SE estate) yesterday but couldn't see anywhere that additional speakers could go. I'm only wondering because i am thinking for my next volvo (a few years away now) i want an estate.

mailee
Friday 25th March 2005, 23:16
Hi T5 Mark, I have the T5 estate and the sound sytem is great, well to me anyway. The rear speakers are housed in the rear pillars each side of the tailgate, There are two in the drivers front doors and two on the dash top. I can't say I am an ardent music fan but the system seems very good to me and I am about to fit a Cd changer as I can only play one at a time from the one in the dash. I like the option of having the cassette player as well so am reluctant to fit another head unit. Besides I like to keep it as standard as possible. Hope this helps.

Pedro Fandango
Friday 25th March 2005, 23:36
Mailee, have you not got 2 in the rear doors as well?

jross
Saturday 26th March 2005, 02:11
There should be two tweeters in the dash, two speakers in the front door, two speakers at the bottom front of the rear doors, and two speakers in the backmost column on the estates.

Sp00ky
Saturday 26th March 2005, 12:26
BAH!! I FEEL ROBBED !! there aint any in my rear pillars.... although the covers are there :(

Goof
Saturday 26th March 2005, 13:41
BAH!! I FEEL ROBBED !! there aint any in my rear pillars.... although the covers are there :(
It might be wired up ready to take speakers - some manufacturers fit the same loom to most model specs. Worth checking!

mailee
Saturday 26th March 2005, 18:30
Hey Pedro, I never mentioned the rear doors, where'd you get that from? :nut:

M44K TS
Saturday 26th March 2005, 19:36
the wiring in is the c pillars on the estates i plugged one in and bingo it worked, but i think they are only tweeters that are located there.

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 26th March 2005, 21:47
Hey Pedro, I never mentioned the rear doors, where'd you get that from? :nut:
thats what i mean, you listed where you've got your speakers but didn't mention rear doors, every 850 i've seen has got them fitted there

mailee
Saturday 26th March 2005, 22:42
I do appologise Pedro, I hadn't even noticed the speakers in the rear doors mate, I wonder how long they have been there then, ha ha. I knew from the manual that they had them in the front doors and dash and the 'D' pillars but not a mention of the rear doors, sorry. :crazy:

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 26th March 2005, 23:38
I do appologise Pedro, I hadn't even noticed the speakers in the rear doors mate, I wonder how long they have been there then, ha ha. I knew from the manual that they had them in the front doors and dash and the 'D' pillars but not a mention of the rear doors, sorry. :crazy:
hopefully when it left the Volvo factory ;)

no worries mate :beer: