PDA

View Full Version : ABS/TRACS Warning lights

Ben O Brien
Monday 5th June 2006, 12:25
Hey all,

Newbie on here but have been on VOC for a while, just bought a mint 854 T5 as a kind of daily driver/project car to replace my 525 BMW, Am delighted with it its a CD spec with memory seats the lot, but one small problem with it is that the ABS and TRACs light stays on on the dash and also the cruise control is not working, i believe this is an ABS ECU problem yeah?? The sppedometer is working perfectly as is the trip computer so im guessing its not a wheel sensor,

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Ben

John
Monday 5th June 2006, 15:22
Its usually the ecu, Wobbly Dave can repair these or contact Volvo Tuning, I think he may do the repairs through them now, cost is around £100 mark I think.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th June 2006, 15:46
Indeed. Please read this thread

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t224-abs-ecu-repair-service.html

Price is £125 plus VAT

I suggest that you use the diagnostics available - if you can make the trip. Otherwise you can take the ABS unit off yourself and post it to VT

Ben O Brien
Monday 5th June 2006, 22:44
Hi, im actually living in ireland so ill prob have to post it, So it probably is the ECU yeah?? I thought the speedo would go too but maybe im wrong,

thanks for your help

t5tart
Monday 5th June 2006, 23:17
caould be any number of sensors

or the ecu

best to read the diagnostic first

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th June 2006, 23:35
You dont absolutely have to go to VT to have the diagnosis done - but it makes more sense. You can have the fault codes read at any Volvo dealer or decent Volvo indie.

Ben O Brien
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 09:31
ok ill take it to my local dealer as i really dont have any other options there are no volvo independants and im not sure of any decent independants that are any good with volvo,

Thanks.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 09:35
Where abouts in the world are you?

fraz13
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 09:39
Hi, im actually living in ireland so ill prob have to post it
Wakey Wakey Dave :haha:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 09:52
Doh :slap:

I am awake - honest!??! :haha:

RayT5-R
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 09:53
I've been getting the same problem on T5-R i can even feel the ABS kicking in and i'm not even braking.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 09:54
Get the codes read then.

flyinglemur
Monday 17th July 2006, 22:18
Hey all,

Newbie on here but have been on VOC for a while, just bought a mint 854 T5 ABS and TRACs light stays on on the dash and also the cruise control is not working, i believe this is an ABS ECU problem yeah?? The sppedometer is working perfectly as is the trip computer so im guessing its not a wheel sensor,

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Ben

T5-R ECU :D
And dirty wheel sensors....cen't be the front ones, the speedo's still going