PDA

View Full Version : Too much oil ...

st1t5
Sunday 4th June 2006, 20:53
I checked my engine oil level tonight as i thought my turbo was on its way out and using oil as i seen a few puffs the other day, but on checking the level its actually about 5mm over the maximum level, now the car just had its 80k service last Tuesday and its since its had its service that i noticed the couple of puffs of smoke, so now im thinking that the turbo is actually fine and this problem is being caused by the garage putting too much oil in the engine .....

would these few puffs of smoke happen if the engine had too much oil in it ?

p.s,
it was just during and striaght after i had drivin the car hard that i noticed the puffs, iv never seen any puffs when driving normal, and when you sit and rev the car there is no sign of any smoke what so ever .......

Phuturephantasy
Monday 5th June 2006, 08:47
If I was you I'd take some out as soon as, I believe too much oil will increase the crank pressure and could potentially blow some seals - not good at all.

Justin
Monday 5th June 2006, 10:01
If I was you I'd take some out as soon as, I believe too much oil will increase the crank pressure and could potentially blow some seals - not good at all.

Totally agree, and that pressure thats forcing some oil past the seals is whats causing the smoke mate, get it back to them asap :)

st1t5
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 02:05
Thanks for confirming that lads ;)

Im back offshore now and the car is nicely parked up in a secured parking area but i think i'll get it drained in Aberdeen when i get back on dry land before i do the 180ish mile drive back home just to be on the safe side ...

Why oh why cant some garages do a proper job ????????

t5tart
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 08:05
because unfortunatly garages do not have mechanics any more just monkeys
its hard to find a good garage nower days

Engineer
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 19:58
Some do mate just got to find em' unfortunately most leave the so called simple jobs to :cuckoo:

st1t5
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 21:48
Iv used this garage for a few years now but just lately i have noticed that they are getting abit slack, i think the problem is that they are taking so many bookings and not doing a proper time appriciation so the care and attention on the little things is being sacrificed in order to get the next car on the ramps to keep up with the demand ......

T5ER
Tuesday 6th June 2006, 22:00
Iv used this garage for a few years now but just lately i have noticed that they are getting abit slack, i think the problem is that they are taking so many bookings and not doing a proper time appriciation so the care and attention on the little things is being sacrificed in order to get the next car on the ramps to keep up with the demand ......

either that mate or the are getting a YTS youth to do the minor services