PDA

View Full Version : my oil problem !! got a hunch !

bigbad
Sunday 4th June 2006, 17:19
hi iv had an oil comsumption problem since i got the car almost , no leaks , no smoke ,etc didn,t know what it was , then i noticed blue smoke , after i went down a long steep hill ! (bugger) , i have just found out today that the smoke is white , with a hint of blue.!!!
on start up almost no oil at all out of the exhaust , and the breather system has been replaced , so it aint that , and i dont think it is all down to the valve stem oil seals , not with the smoke, white in colour. (my windows are tinted and it looked blue to me !)
so any thoughts for you lads in the know ?
many thanks
simon:confused:

Tomcat
Sunday 4th June 2006, 19:03
Possibly the seals in the turbo?, either that or worn piston rings. Best take it to a garage and ask them to do a compression test on it before you start laying money out, also get the emissions checked too.

BlackBeast
Sunday 4th June 2006, 19:19
This could be nonsence but if your boosting it could be turbo and if its on the overrun then its piston rings. Thats what happened on my last car anyway.

GUYv70
Wednesday 7th June 2006, 23:11
From my experience if its the stem seals it will blue smoke when the throttle is pressed after a long over run,burned oil does look white on say a sunny/bright day.