PDA

View Full Version : Someone Please Help Me!!

DONKEYT5
Friday 25th March 2005, 14:23
Hi all! i have a 99 tplate s70 t5, and it has been running well until the other day, firstly i would like to mention that i have a dump valve fitted. I was accelerating at about 60-70 mph and i could hear my dump valve hissing like it would if i took my foot off the gas, so i eased off and accelerated again, and she starts to go, and then hold back, goes, holds back and so this continues, If im travelling at a steady 90 i can hear the dump valve repeatedly going, hiss, hiss, hiss, like im taking my foot off and planting it down again?!(great description eh?) My fuel consumption is considerably higher also, thanx for your advice in advance, Don

siamblue
Saturday 26th March 2005, 01:23
You've got a airleak and are over fuelling.Checks all the pipes to the DV,The valve could be stuck also,You need the twin piston version on these cars.

DONKEYT5
Saturday 26th March 2005, 01:35
You've got a airleak and are over fuelling.Checks all the pipes to the DV,The valve could be stuck also,You need the twin piston version on these cars.
i will have a look for the airleak 2 moro, i have got a twin piston dv, i was worried it may be my MAF or throttle housing!!