PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav RTI problem

ahhpigsy
Friday 2nd June 2006, 21:15
Hello everybody.

Got a bit of a problem.
I bought (probably stupidly) a set of RTI Volvo copy discs from Ebay. Mine was running the 1999 disc and i wanted the 2005 software. I got two discs, one for England and one for Scotland and Ireland.
I loaded the England version and powered it on. It found the disc and put up a message to say it was loading the new programme, after that it popped up the screen to show my current position, which it showed as Parliament street, Londen, about 130 miles from where i was. It also showed no GPS signal. I sensed something not quite right and powered off, i put my original disc in and i got the message 'no CD cartridge inserted, insert a cartridge'. I mucked about pushing the cartridge in but no joy, i tried the copy disc again and it wouldn't read it either, i tried a music CD and it said 'no disc present' and after a bit of ejecting etc it said 'no cartridge present etc'. I switched the car off and left it for 20 mins whilst i took this out on my dog. I put the original disc back in and switched on, it went throught the messages again saying no disc and cartridge etc and then read the disc and worked. It will not work at all with the cpy discs now but will after a while with the original disc but will not accept music CD's.

I am totally stumped, i know i have prattled on a bit but i wanted to tell the full story in case there is an expert on this sort of thing on the forum. I dont know what to do next, getting a refund is easy, it was only £11 anyway but i want my system back to normal. If there is a master reset that might do it.

Please help if you can, i know my way around an engine but this stuff boggles me.

Thanks for reading this essay.

Steve

jim
Friday 2nd June 2006, 21:47
beware beware crap copied software.

which model sat nav is yours and which model and year of car?
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

ahhpigsy
Friday 2nd June 2006, 23:16
Hi Jim.

It is a S80 1999, i dont know the model of the Sat Nav, my missus is out in the car at the mo. The codes on the copy discs are 30667724 0514 Volvo pt no: T1000-9027B for the ENGLAND DISC and 03667724 0514 Volvo Pt No: T1000-90027A for the Scotland / Ireland disc.

According to the Volvo uk site this is compatible with my Sat Nav version by year and model.

Appreciate your help.

Steve