PDA

View Full Version : South Wales Meet

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 25th March 2005, 13:58
Hi, i'm thinking of having a long weekend in South Wales / Swansea area in June. Anyone fancy it or are nearby wanna meet up. I've been before and we had a brill time on the Pendine Sands driving up and down the beaches - you know the one they use on Top Gear - and theres also a show on at Margam Country Park including a rally stage. I'm planning on the Weekend Fri June 3rd to Sun June 5th if anyones interested.

Rufe
Friday 25th March 2005, 20:15
sorry to say it mate, but pendine sands have recently been closed off to all cars! :(

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 26th March 2005, 18:01
I;m sure an S70 T5 plod car will be allowed on :cop: :beer: :cop: .

spesh
Saturday 26th March 2005, 22:47
Yea count me in, i'm only 10 mins away from swansea.

madmick
Monday 4th April 2005, 17:27
Wouldn't mind a day out with other Volvo owners, I think it would be a good days craic myself.

spesh
Monday 4th April 2005, 17:32
Set the date then mick :banana:

madmick
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 02:14
I'm easy and in Swansea, I could fit a days craic in just about anytime. I'm disabled and therefore have no commitments to speak of.

madmick
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 02:21
The only thing would be June 5th is Cortina Day at Symonds Yat Leisure Park, I love my vintage cars just as much as my Volvo so best target a date after June 5th if that was OK guys. What about enquiring about the possiblity of an "owners club section" at the Swansea Car Rally on June 19th. Thats the one held at the County Hall. I know its vintage but we can always ask - it costs nothing.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 02:23
It is a bit close to my BBQ. I would like to come. Don't suppose you wanna think about July?

Driving around the Gower is great fun.

madmick
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 02:30
Get back to you on that. I might be going over home to Northern Ireland in July for wee holiday to see the folks, but nothing is set in stone though.