PDA

View Full Version : Loose spark plug!!!

dreadly
Monday 29th May 2006, 21:27
Some of you may remember I posted a couple of months ago to say my T5 was getting harder to start...

I finally get the time and inclenation to change the spark plugs for a new set of platinum's from PFVO I purchased a couple of months ago. As I was removing number three, I noticed it turned without any pressure and there was black gunge blown up the inside of the plug access hole and number one and two have turned a very bright white and are covered in a white powder ???

After installation of the new plugs it ran sweeter than ever and has much more tourque.

Why would plugs one and two go white? - I presume it's heat?
I can only imagine the dealer did'nt do number three up properly, or it came loose over time.

The plugs I removed are the originals from the factory, so should never have been removed yet as the car only has 23K miles, I have never seen this before, ahve any of you guys/gals?

Alv70t5
Tuesday 19th August 2008, 15:21
Wow you were lucky, the white deposits mean a extremely lean mixture, could have detonated and blow a hole through the piston, glad to hear she’s running sweet again.

tingy
Tuesday 19th August 2008, 15:29
i would run it for a while and then remove the new plugs and check they are ok as if your engine is running the wrong mixture or too hot thats definatly something you want to get sorted