PDA

View Full Version : brake problem

waynebaggies
Sunday 28th May 2006, 23:56
somtimes when you press the brake pedal you get like grinding noise/creaking noise and you can feel the pedal vibrating,it's a bit hard to explain,it does it in a straight line and when turning with the footbrake on,the discs+pads are fine theres no abs light on but have noticed that on the cv joints the abs rings have a gap/crack on them any ideas would be great

Straker
Monday 29th May 2006, 11:20
Have you checked the inside of the disks. My car had a simular issue. and from the outside the parts looked ok. I changed them anyway and low and behold took the old disk off and there was a huge crack on the front left disk.

Worth being absolutely sure!

waynebaggies
Monday 29th May 2006, 17:06
when you press the brake pedal and it vibrating the pedal is hard like there is no servo,and thats when it crecks and grindes,ever so weird

JUDGENINJA
Monday 29th May 2006, 17:36
Try taking the ABS fuse out and go for a drive.
My guess is if it is still vibrating :
your discs are warped.

If this stops the pedal from being solid :
have the ABS system looked at properly. Maybe you've got a sensor that thinks it has a wheel stopped causing the rest of the braking system to react...

don't know how much help this is...?

waynebaggies
Monday 29th May 2006, 17:58
will try that but its not warped discs cause theres no wobbleing with the brakes on just a solid pedal and grateing noise and vibration on the pedal.theres no abs light on and it does not happen all the time just a couple of times a day and then wont do it again for another couple of days

waynebaggies
Sunday 4th June 2006, 12:08
found the problem it was the abs rings on the cv joints they had cracked and was causing the abs to kick in at slow speeds,lesson to be learnt there