PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Battery Drain

HuskMan
Thursday 24th March 2005, 21:37
I've had my (beautiful) 95 850R estate for a few weeks now the battery has just dropped all charge for no explainable reason leaving me in the lurch and needing jump leads.
Previous owner replaced the original battery about 18 months ago with a heavy duty diesel battery and it is just fine all the time except today... I was out today on a short run - c.5 miles - stopped, picked up wife and child, turned the key and... jack. :frown:
Went through the whole alarm blaring as loud as a 747 taking-off as I try to start the red brick with jump leads attached.
Anyone else had this? What could cause it? I have a Clifford immobiliser fitted and I've now disconnected this in case it is draining the battery.
This is a _real_ pain :sick:
Now at home I put the car on charge and - it says the battery is full. What is going on!? :wallbash:
Plus I can't find the code for the radio... gutted. The honeymoon is over but I still love the old gal. :)

Goof
Thursday 24th March 2005, 21:39
Poss just a knacked battery.
Fluid levels ok? - get it tested somewhere that offers a free battery test?
Check boot light not staying on all the time.
Good luck!

Pedro Fandango
Thursday 24th March 2005, 21:40
i'd get the battery checked out, even tho its only 18 monthes old it can still fail

siamblue
Thursday 24th March 2005, 21:51
I,ve had the problems a couple of times,Once the door ajar light stayed on,Think it was just a dodgy connection,and the second time i took the drivers side lower dash panel out and disconnected the light,Then reconnnected it when i had finished but didn't notice it stayed on when i locked the car up,Both were the same symptoms dead battery.18 months doesn't sound that long for a batteries life.

glock19
Friday 25th March 2005, 00:06
For the radio code, I have a program to decode it by opening the top of the radio and noting the direction of the diodes at the rear. Maybe I can send the program to Justin so that he can store it somewhere and download it to who ever needs it ? BTW I have no idea of the origin, so copyright could be an issue if posted openly on the web.

Goof
Friday 25th March 2005, 00:07
Local Volvo stealer gave me mine from their system - as well as full spec of the car when ordered.

Justin
Friday 25th March 2005, 00:23
Send it please Glock ;)

lance
Friday 25th March 2005, 12:48
I've had my (beautiful) 95 850R estate for a few weeks now the battery has just dropped all charge for no explainable reason leaving me in the lurch and needing jump leads.
Previous owner replaced the original battery about 18 months ago with a heavy duty diesel battery and it is just fine all the time except today... I was out today on a short run - c.5 miles - stopped, picked up wife and child, turned the key and... jack. :frown:
Went through the whole alarm blaring as loud as a 747 taking-off as I try to start the red brick with jump leads attached.
Anyone else had this? What could cause it? I have a Clifford immobiliser fitted and I've now disconnected this in case it is draining the battery.
This is a _real_ pain :sick:
Now at home I put the car on charge and - it says the battery is full. What is going on!? :wallbash:
Plus I can't find the code for the radio... gutted. The honeymoon is over but I still love the old gal. :)

I recomend a Phone call to David Pengelly check your charging system! He is only in Lenton .

glock19
Friday 25th March 2005, 13:48
Send it please Glock ;)

Justin, seems you do not want to receive e-mail messages ? :(
(From this site's e-mail add)

glock19
Saturday 26th March 2005, 00:20
Okay done, Justin, check your VolvoT5 e-mail.