PDA

View Full Version : t5 head .

bigbad
Sunday 28th May 2006, 15:27
hi , i would be gratefull if somebody could tell me what markings i should be looking out for on a 1999 t5 cylinder head , as my oil seals are shot ! and i need to sort the job out , but don,t know what im looking for !
thanks
simon.

firestorm
Sunday 28th May 2006, 17:05
are you thinking of changing the head for another one, or re-building yours, the oil seals come with the head gasket kit

bigbad
Sunday 28th May 2006, 17:40
are you thinking of changing the head for another one, or re-building yours, the oil seals come with the head gasket kit
hi , well i was thinking of getting another one and getting my car back on the road asap , but i just don,t know what im looking for 1 too many people just arnt honest , shame tho .
regards
simon

bigbad
Sunday 28th May 2006, 17:42
hi yes i was thinking of getting another one ,and sorting it so i can get my car on the road asap , but i don,t know how to make sure that the head im getting is a 1999 t5 head .
regards
simon

T5ER
Sunday 28th May 2006, 17:51
To be honest mate get a head gasket set and get a garage to do it unless you fancy doing it as the kit comes with all the seals

blackbooty
Monday 29th May 2006, 14:44
if your gonna do it yourself mate... a bit of advice...
make sure you have all the tools to hand, all gaskets ect, lots of freezer bags and a perm marker to label all nuts n bolts and bits you take off, some tape to wrap round wires so you can write where they came from.

and a few plasters will probably be needed also. lol

get the head faced up also (skimmed), i always do this on a performance head ,even when it appears flat and true.

well... i always get a firm near me to compleatly dissmantal, clean and
re face the in manafold face and head to block face. reassemble and fit new parts as required.

they also pressure/crack test it for me,and charge £100 labour.

wayne.

firestorm
Tuesday 30th May 2006, 14:46
i agree with blackbooty m8, rebuild your one, skim and pressure test, least you know the job's been done properly

bigbad
Sunday 4th June 2006, 10:06
yep i will get my own head sorted ,
thanx for all your help
simon