PDA

View Full Version : Annual Forum campover

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 15:42
Does anybody fancy an annual grand forum meet?, somewhere we can all get to, and spend the weekend. I'm thinking of camping, live music, maybe a show and shine, couple of trophies, to give out, good food etc...

We could have this once a year, I used to attend something similar with another club I used to be in and it was a blast, everyone looked forward to it and the atmosphere was great.

If it's organised well enough in advance we could invite other clubs/forums i.e. some of the european clubs etc.

markt4
Saturday 27th May 2006, 15:57
im up for that

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 15:59
I'll even organise it if needed.

samsplums
Saturday 27th May 2006, 16:05
Sound cool. I'm game...

Andy
Saturday 27th May 2006, 16:06
Count me in :D

Heres the list:

tomcat
markt4
samsplums
Andy

fraz13
Saturday 27th May 2006, 16:14
When do you want to do this? Next year? Where do you have in mind?

This year is a close I think if you want any decent amount of people to attend

Summer is the only time to do this and alot of people will already have made plans for weeks even months in advance...

This will take alot of organising and if you make a date then people can make arrangements round about that date

This year is well out for me but I'll be up for it next year for sure....

1: tomcat
2: markt4
3: samsplums
4: Andy
5: fraz13

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 16:21
I was actually thinking about next year myself Fraz, as you say it would take a lot of organising but would definately be worth it. I cant attend a lot of the shows because of family commitments but if we have camping then I can bring the little un along too. i would imagine this would be the case for a lot of people.

I'm thiking in the midddle of sumer( so the weathers nice), say June,July

DONKEYT5
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:11
count me in!! sounds like a fantastic idea! if you need any help too craig, let me know!

pzorb
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:15
Yep I'm up for this if we get a date on paper; something to work around :)

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:21
Anybody have any ideas for a venue?, somewhere in the middle for us all?.

I was thinking somewhere between Stoke or Cambridge(Big area I know).

We cant really arrange a date until we find a venue and see whats available to us, where ever we pick it must have the usuall facilities(toilets etc) and have a licence for alcohol, music etc.

BlackBeast
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:24
5-a-side football teams :) So we need a large-ish patch of grass.

S40xs
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:47
5-a-side football teams :) So we need a large-ish patch of grass.

Now that sounds like a top idea - count me in!

pzorb
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:49
Or like in topgear with the Yaris's? I don't care, my car's only worth about £10 on the 2ndhand market:)

S40xs
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:50
Or like in topgear with the Yaris's? I don't care, my car's only worth about £10 on the 2ndhand market:)

Use some 1 elses then :rotfl:

DONKEYT5
Saturday 27th May 2006, 17:51
mmmm.....football, beer, volvos, doesnt get much better!!

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:00
Live music too!

markt4
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:02
what about the lake district maybe a bit far for some( but masses of camping areas and entertainment plus some great pictures to be had)...alton towers ..(dont even know where that is but i think its down south)

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:04
Alton Towers is near Staffordshire and I don't think it would be any use for this sort of thing, the Lakes sounds good but wouldnt it be a bit of a trek for people coming from Dan Sarf?.

pzorb
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:06
Alton tower's aint south lol. Hour above B'ham ;) You might be thinking of Thorpe or Chessington (god knows why...!)

markt4
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:07
lol ive never been so i want to go lol

DONKEYT5
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:07
if we could get a licence of some sort, (if needed) what about a jam session/open mic?? quite adventurous idea i suppose.
I play guitar, who else is interested?

markt4
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:10
id get on the mic lol but i cant sing for toffee

markt4
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:10
just ply me with jack daniels

Vikingxl
Saturday 27th May 2006, 18:42
Might be interested depends where and when really get it sorted Tomcat!

Baj
Saturday 27th May 2006, 23:14
Somewhere like the Peaks or Lakes would be good as you would need a lot of space. You could probably get a good discount on the camping though

Tomcat
Saturday 27th May 2006, 23:31
Come on guys I need more ideas for venues... What region do we all think?, bearing in mind I would like everyone to turn up(if poss), so I don't want anyone being put off by the distance they have to travel.

S40xs
Sunday 28th May 2006, 00:23
Theres plenty of places to go camping, Peak district, lakes, North Wales etc, so it depends whether u want somewhere central for all fellow Volvo'ers.

To even things up i would prolly say the Peaks or the lakes so it attrachs the Southerners and Scot's - Some one get a poll going!

S40xs
Sunday 28th May 2006, 00:25
I think the Lake districk would be a nice venue, maybe near Lake Windmere.

Andy
Sunday 28th May 2006, 00:28
lakes is deffo a good spot!

markt4
Sunday 28th May 2006, 06:27
I think the Lake districk would be a nice venue, maybe near Lake Windmere.

gets my vote ...... plenty there for the kids to do aswell

fyggy2002
Sunday 28th May 2006, 12:52
Billing Aquadrome

or

Newark Showground

fraz13
Sunday 28th May 2006, 13:00
If this is a year away people cant grumble about travelling, Some of us travel to meets all the time, Its a T5 you drive, its not and classic that might break down, get saving for fuel and stop moaning, get yer behinds to wherever this is......

Anywhere suits me but the Lakes does sound good....

DONKEYT5
Sunday 28th May 2006, 13:21
well said fraz, lets show some vpcuk spirit!!!

Titch
Sunday 28th May 2006, 13:26
if we could get a licence of some sort, (if needed) what about a jam session/open mic?? quite adventurous idea i suppose.
I play guitar, who else is interested?

I play Guitar as well mate so im up for a wee session. I thinks some Skynyrd would be good. I will say to KABOOM as he is a decent singer too.

I am up for it anytime any place

Tomcat
Sunday 28th May 2006, 13:35
Ok so far the lakes is looking like the favourite

DONKEYT5
Sunday 28th May 2006, 13:49
I play Guitar as well mate so im up for a wee session. I thinks some Skynyrd would be good. I will say to KABOOM as he is a decent singer too.

I am up for it anytime any place
Sounds good to me buddy!! i lurve to play!

arbee
Sunday 28th May 2006, 16:23
Billing Aquadrome

someone who knows! Billing is a great location for these kind of events. Thsi was floated back in January but has appeared to die of death

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7473&page=2&highlight=billing

I am also looking to organise a VPCUK attendance at TRAX (this Sept) but have not yet had feedback from Justin.

T5ER
Sunday 28th May 2006, 18:01
someone who knows! Billing is a great location for these kind of events. Thsi was floated back in January but has appeared to die of death

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7473&page=2&highlight=billing

I am also looking to organise a VPCUK attendance at TRAX (this Sept) but have not yet had feedback from Justin.

TRAX is good for me and the misses ARBEE.P.S did see you on saturday soz i did not get chance to speak hope oliver was helpfull

arbee
Sunday 28th May 2006, 18:47
TRAX is good for me and the misses ARBEE.P.S did see you on saturday soz i did not get chance to speak hope oliver was helpfull

He was indeed mate, top man, top company :) just got to get round to doing all the work to the car now! -Will start a separate thread on Trax when i have Justin's comments.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 28th May 2006, 19:27
Somewhere close to a hotel!!

x

Tomcat
Sunday 28th May 2006, 20:15
What???, I hear you like roughing it Moppy!

Mrsmopp
Sunday 28th May 2006, 21:02
Never lol!! I dont dooooo camping lol

x

Rufe
Sunday 28th May 2006, 21:03
cars and camping? im there

people who said billing aqaudrome are spot on, its great for this sort of thing. car club friendly site (been there for a couple of BIG shows), loads of on site facilites. trax would be a great show for the club to do, but if you go i will not be able to be there, as i will be in barbados while trax is on this year.

as it happens i have been away this week end to bruntingthorpe for the french car show, though we camped about 15 miles from there in a car club friendly camp site. next weekend im off to rockingham for 2 nights camping with another club too.

all good fun, count me in :D

pikeajm
Monday 29th May 2006, 00:04
sounds great could aways do a run to the sun volvo style to cornwall lmao but lakes sound good as well

blackbooty
Monday 29th May 2006, 14:11
ive a T5, tent ,all the camping gear.
and i can also play a......... FOOL, beautifully if theres vodka involved.

ill have a bit of this.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 30th May 2006, 23:47
I'm in....where ever it is....

Tomcat
Monday 5th June 2006, 22:26
Well not to let this idea die, do we have any more ideas/suggestions for a venue??.

Also if its ok with the mods I'm going to put out an invite to some other clubs/forums(all Volvo ones) to join us, I'm even going to try and ask some of the european forums to attend too, the more the merrier!!.

Tomcat
Monday 5th June 2006, 22:36
Ok, Revised attendence list. This is based on replies only, if your not on/ or on and dont want to be let me know.

1) Tomcat
2) MarkT4
3) Sampsplums
4) Andy
5) Fraz13
6) DonT5
7) Pzorb
8) Blackbeast
9) S40X5
10) Viking (provisional
11) Baj
12) Titch
13) Arbee
14) Mrs M (Hotel Proviso........Wimp!!!!
15) Rufe
16) Pikeajm
17) Blackbooty
18) Judgeninja

Good numbers so far, but I know we have a lot more members and this aint gonna work without more interest from the rest of the forum. If you know others who either havent read this yet or are sitting on the fence, give em a kick and get them to put their name down!!.

t5tart
Monday 5th June 2006, 22:55
how about somewhere like billing aquadrome
dunno about the music side but land rover use it for one of their annual meets
and its kinda on the a14 / m1 junction 15 ish a45 a1 aint far wither all the main routes come pretty close

t5tart
Monday 5th June 2006, 22:56
hahahaha

im a it late with the billing thisng as its already been said
haha
teach me to read it all lol

Mrsmopp
Thursday 8th June 2006, 22:14
http://www.stanfordhall.co.uk/description.html

Camping at stanford hall - well caravanning but I am sure thats about the same thing?

x

Liddo
Thursday 15th June 2006, 13:57
What about the Peaks!!! Quite central for all.

http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/content.php?categoryId=43

1) Tomcat
2) MarkT4
3) Sampsplums
4) Andy
5) Fraz13
6) DonT5
7) Pzorb
8) Blackbeast
9) S40X5
10) Viking (provisional
11) Baj
12) Titch
13) Arbee
14) Mrs M (Hotel Proviso........Wimp!!!!
15) Rufe
16) Pikeajm
17) Blackbooty
18) Judgeninja
19) Liddo