PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a C70

Ruairidh
Friday 26th May 2006, 23:20
:Handshake Hey everyone. I'm a new member of the forum and have had my C70 for a week now. It's a 99 2.4T GT in black with black leather interior. Been fancying one for 2 years now and finally got this one with 67k on the clock,FVSH and immaculate condition for £4000. It's a bargain I reckon! Would have liked a T5 but the insurance quotes for a 22 year old with 6 points were a bit intense, plus the Whatcar guide convinced me that most of my income would be spent on front tires! Still it's a step up from my first car which was an 84 340 GL which I drove til it wouldn't drive no more.
Can anyone tell me where to start with modifying the car- heard strut brace mentioned a lot. Also is there anywhere near Fife in Scotland which you could recommend to do the work. Cheers!

heyes
Friday 26th May 2006, 23:41
Hi Ruairidh,
Welcome, I don't know any volvo people in Fife but I do know a couple of garages who deal in performance cars. Try RJM in Glenrothes ask for Roy or Clive and say Graham sent you. Let them know what you want.

Graham

fraz13
Friday 26th May 2006, 23:55
Hi mate welcome to the forum and well done on the new car ;)

Get some pics up :P

Where abouts in Fife are you coz The Flying Banana in in Fife, Theres a few members in the East now and Im sure someone will be able to help you...

Strut Brace can be got from your local dealer for around £70, Tell them its for an 850 tho, same brace but half the price, strange but true.....

You can also get it remapped to close to T5 performance for not a lot of money, VT (Volvo Tuning) aka Chip Tuning are the prefered dealer for (RICA) ECU maps SITE (http://www.volvotuninguk.com/Disclaimer_-_This_web_site_is_not_affiliated_with_Volvo_Car_Co rporation/frames.asp) but there are a few others that people on here use like MTE, TME and Upsolute....

Wobbly Dave
Monday 29th May 2006, 02:15
Welcome to the site. I am glad you found us. 6 points @ 22 is indeed a bit fierce - however I am please you've got a C70 - (like me) - one of the coolest cars Volvo ever made