PDA

View Full Version : Fault Code Readers

andi t5
Thursday 24th March 2005, 18:05
hi all any one any info on the creader obd2 stand alone fault code readers there available from the states on e bay at very reasonable prices was thinking about buying one as my local stealer wants fifty quid to read the codes (robbin git!)

pault5
Thursday 24th March 2005, 19:24
hello chum,
my understanding is that the 96' 97' 850 t5 are not true obd2.you can make your own fault code reader with a push button l.e.d a piece of wire and a resistor.the l.e.d will flash the fault code.
paul

andi t5
Thursday 24th March 2005, 20:27
hi paul ,mines a early 98 model which has the motronic 4.4 ecu which i think is fully obd2 complient

glock19
Friday 25th March 2005, 00:19
There're some PDA softwares (you'll need the wire harness) that can read those OBD-II codes but they can't reset them. They do however reset the service light.
Palm OBD-II [U] (http://www.espautomotive.com/trolleyed/4/index.htm)
:wavey:

lance
Friday 25th March 2005, 12:53
There're some PDA softwares (you'll need the wire harness) that can read those OBD-II codes but they can't reset them. They do however reset the service light.
Palm OBD-II [U] (http://www.espautomotive.com/trolleyed/4/index.htm)
:wavey:

Nice, I want one , wonder if we could get a dicount for a bulk purchasem if anyone else interested.

andi t5
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 16:17
hi ,just to update ya,all ,code reader arrived yeterday works a treat, worked out around twenty five quid including shipping from the good ole U.S of A , sure beats giving your local stealer forty quid a time

wellsy
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 17:50
hi andi can you tell me if the creader will work with my 95 t-5 also will it reset the service light?
thanks wellsy

andi t5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 10:14
hi wellsy, no i dont think it will as i dont think your year was fully obd2 complient also it will not reset the service light, try contacting www.gendan.co.uk who may have them for your model, they have the service light reset tools available for about forty quid

swordy21
Thursday 31st March 2005, 10:23
hi ,just to update ya,all ,code reader arrived yeterday works a treat, worked out around twenty five quid including shipping from the good ole U.S of A , sure beats giving your local stealer forty quid a time

Andi - I want one - e-bay you say? Search for?????

Cheers

andi t5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 12:46
hi, type in "creader obd2" in worldwide search ,he is selling some at present for around thirty five dollars just make sure you bid on the right one some are specific for VAG vehicles

Mrsmopp
Thursday 31st March 2005, 12:49
Dragging through my rather warped memory do I remember someone once saying you could make one of these?

x

andi t5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 12:52
thats a flash code reader for pre full obd2 ecu,s your thinking of

Mrsmopp
Thursday 31st March 2005, 12:54
thats a flash code reader for pre full obd2 ecu,s your thinking of

So I wasn't just making it up then LOL thats a relief!! :wiggle:

x

BrightonBreezy
Thursday 31st March 2005, 14:33
On EBay there are OBD II interfaces that claim you can connect your own laptop to the car and get full diagnostics. As anyone here tried one? Does it work?
Mine's a '01 V70 P2.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30921&item=7965114433&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

andi t5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 17:44
bb, check out www.onboarddiagnostics.co.uk look under VOL-FCR