PDA

View Full Version : Hesitant and surging...suggestions

adriancole
Thursday 25th May 2006, 23:08
Ok, put this one out to all here for some suggestions....all help appreciated guys and girls

So, new car to me, put in for a service, car was running ok up till between 50 and 80mph. Between these speeds, when driving at a constant speed car felt like it was cutting in and out, sort of surging. If i accelerate very gently it hesitates then cuts/surges in and out when accelerating. If i floor it absolutly no problem,

Vardis says replace the camshaft variable timimg valve, no other error message. That done the problem is still there....Had the etm software update at the same time. garage said no need to replace the etm.

So any suggestions...mine is a 1999 T5 auto??

can it be anyhting else?

Car going back to garage where i bought it tomorrow, a volvo independant....so want to be prepared just in case they try and bamboozle me....

many thanks

Adrian

flying brick
Friday 26th May 2006, 00:00
i had the same problem it was the lambada sensor also called the 02 sensor its on the exhaust it might not come up sa a fault code as they start to slow down as they get older you can get one from euro car parts for £120 its easy to fit don"t buy a universal one as they don"t work

T5SLAVE
Friday 26th May 2006, 00:30
Just thinkin out loud mate but what about all ur vacuum pipes and turbo pipes/hoses, even the really small seemingly insignificant ones:confused:

blackbooty
Friday 26th May 2006, 12:24
Just thinkin out loud mate but what about all ur vacuum pipes and turbo pipes/hoses, even the really small seemingly insignificant ones:confused:

me too T5SLAVE, ive had loads of similar probs, changed just about all elec and mech items and i have still got the probs, rough idle, surging/pulsing when driving.
im biting the bullet and getting codes read/reset and ill take it from there.

me thinks vac leak now !!!!

adriancole
Friday 26th May 2006, 13:23
Ok, looks like the problem has given me the answer itself...the dreaded ETS light came on, luckily its still under guarentee from the garage so they should take the hit on a new ETM if that is the problem.....lets hope so!!!

adrian

blackbooty
Friday 26th May 2006, 13:38
fingers crossed for you mate.