PDA

View Full Version : C70 sunroof issue

Darren
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 20:50
Hi

My sunroof has developed a fault in that it only allows me to tilt, the slide operation has stopped working. Can anyone advise on what the problem may be and how i can resolve the problem?

Many thanks in advance!!
(1999 t5gt)

T5ER
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 20:52
Hi

My sunroof has developed a fault in that it only allows me to tilt, the slide operation has stopped working. Can anyone advise on what the problem may be and how i can resolve the problem?

Many thanks in advance!!
(1999 t5gt)
could just be the switch mate

Darren
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 21:00
That simple? Had expected something more sinister.

T5ER
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 22:02
if hte previous owner spent more time sliding it back rather than tilting it they may have just worn out the switch?? may be worth getting it checked first though

Rufe
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 22:04
sounds more likely to be a fault with the control unit i think, have seen these go on a few cars in the past.

there are two different types depending on chassis number, so have it to hand (or at least your reg number) if you call the dealer up for a price. from memory i think they are about £100 approx but cant really be 100% now, until i can check.

Darren
Wednesday 24th May 2006, 19:58
On closer investigation, the sunroof drops down as ready to slide back and thats it. There appears to be a "clicking" sound in the roof between the sunroof and the rear view mirror when i press the switch,not sure if this part of the fault?
Where would i find the control unit for this, sadly i'm Haynes free at the moment!
Thanks!

CAMO
Wednesday 24th May 2006, 20:56
My 854R has got exactly the same symptoms. I posted an earlier thread, and the verdict was that the control panel was at fault. Apparently it is located above the sunroof motor in the roof space. Let us known how you get on, as I haven't sorted mine out yet- I was told the control module is around £25.00. Regards Camo!:B_steerin