PDA

View Full Version : Washing up bottle and sticky back plastic...

samsplums
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 11:46
Hi all, need some opinions.

Have recently obtained new spoiler for 855 and it needs fitting.

Had the kind offer from a member to help fit it, but my fitting kit never showed (extra £ apparently). :cussing:

Have seen contents of kit and don't think I can honestly justify spending £30 on clips and sticky pads when I've got no-more nails on a roll, in the shed.

No-more nails it..?

neevo
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 11:57
I don't think nmn will work. It may stick it initially but th evibrations from normal driving will destroy its' grip. Silicon sealant might be better but I really think you should go for the kit if only for the clips but it might be worth calling salvos to see if they have them and just buy some sticky pads to suit.

Another alternative might be duct tape or carpet tape if it needs to be double sided, they fix most of my stuff at home.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 12:00
unless you've got a special no-more-nails. It isn't for outside use. Mine was stuck on by some araldite which made it look a complete mess.
Personally is I was refitting a spoiler I'd bite the bullet and get the kit from your local dealer...

Waxworks
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 12:02
I personally would pay the extra for the fitting kit or try and get a secondhand one from somewhere. I don't think that glueing it is a good idea, I know that no more nails is good stuff but you have to remember the weather conditions and constant temperature changes may have a long term effect.
Can you imagine if while you were whizzing down the motorway at 70 the rear spoiler fell off.

It's up to you at the end of the day, it's just my opion.
Steve

pzorb
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 12:47
Mine is ever so slightly loose, it can move maybe half a mm with a little effort. Even so, at 150+ I can hear it buzzing/rattling rather loudly (over the wind noise and engine! A thin rubber shim fixed this). So I'm with Waxworks on this, get the kit and fix it on properly.