PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 auto sport mode switch

devreeze
Monday 22nd May 2006, 10:16
ive got a automatic and recently did some work on the centre console around the automatic and electric windows i would just like to know if the lights should come on the sport/eco switch when electric only are switched on as mine only come on when engine starts, just wondered as ive never noticed it before . have i broke something. thanks

t5owner
Monday 22nd May 2006, 10:37
Mines an auto P1 V70

With just the electrics on the "W" button lights up and when you start the car the "S" or "E" light up depending on which is selected and the "W" goes out so i would assume that there is nowt wrong with yours and its a volvo thing

Cheers

stuart

Wobbly Dave
Monday 22nd May 2006, 12:19
I believe that the switch IIRC is red for sports and green for econ. Sadly the switches changed to individual ones in the 70 series.

Babybadger
Monday 22nd May 2006, 13:14
I believe that the switch IIRC is red for sports and green for econ. Sadly the switches changed to individual ones in the 70 series.

And neither light shows in W (winter mode) and the arrow appears on the dash.....

I think mine only works when the ignition is on 2 and the engine running.

blackbooty
Monday 22nd May 2006, 13:30
ive got a automatic and recently did some work on the centre console around the automatic and electric windows i would just like to know if the lights should come on the sport/eco switch when electric only are switched on as mine only come on when engine starts, just wondered as ive never noticed it before . have i broke something. thanks

just checked mine 4 ya and all is good with yours.

mine will briefly light up orange sport light as you switch to position ii, and then go out.

on full time with engine running.

devreeze
Monday 22nd May 2006, 15:03
nice one guys thought id destroyed something again. just a quick one does anyone know where to get a volvo wood bit for around the auto stick area for a reasonable price. thanks

Wobbly Dave
Monday 22nd May 2006, 15:22
Best bet is for cheapness is Salvo - www.salvogroup.co.uk (http://www.salvogroup.co.uk) - but it is kinda rare. Marshalls would be able to help you too.