PDA

View Full Version : Paint calipiers

bubba_1986
Sunday 21st May 2006, 14:46
Hey guys need ur option quickly before day goes in, want to pain calipiers on ma black c70, was thinking of red, but not sure now

What do you all think

Red ??

Siver ??

Black ??

Cheers

Bubba

BlackBeast
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:05
All depends what wheels you have and how much you want to show your calipers off!?!

Red will get you the most attention. Personally, id either go with Silver/Anthracite or black, nice and stealth looking. Red has been done to death! :)

Andy
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:10
Black!

T5 Ben
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:11
I'ld have to agree with BB,everyone seems to have Red ones.I personally think that they look good painted a slightly different shade to your wheel colour so they are seen but not in your face.

Ben.

Vikingxl
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:27
Its a big job trust me im in the middle of doing mine!

t5 stealth
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:29
i got blue ones,
pic in the vb garage

splatt
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:31
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=13

the pics got lost in the DB hiccup, will search for them on my puter....back in a mo!!

splatt
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:34
Found em!!

Take a high res pic of your caliper and wheel and I will paintshop them in each colour for you if you want...
Or someone more skilled than I will :)

bubba_1986
Sunday 21st May 2006, 15:56
Hey guys thanks fo r suggestion, i can see what bb is saying red is a no no then.

Am gonna go with the silver a think, and paint drum part of disc's at rear black

Bubba :biggrin:

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 21st May 2006, 17:29
You will be best advised to use the proper caliper paint as the metal that the calipers are made of tend to be porous and hammerite will just soak into them - or so I have been told

bubba_1986
Sunday 21st May 2006, 17:41
You will be best advised to use the proper caliper paint as the metal that the calipers are made of tend to be porous and hammerite will just soak into them - or so I have been told

Hmm didn't knw tht, was going to do it today but just cant be bothered. Looks like it gonna rain, what a suprise

Cheers for advice wobbly :)

Bubba

Vikingxl
Sunday 21st May 2006, 18:49
As i said Im in the middle of doing mine and after talking to a few people decided the only way forward was to clean a set of calipers up to paint using caliper paint and then swap them onto the car I dont think its a job that can be done properly while the calipers are on the car.Will post piccys up of before during and after when i eventually get it sorted

bubba_1986
Sunday 21st May 2006, 18:56
As i said Im in the middle of doing mine and after talking to a few people decided the only way forward was to clean a set of calipers up to paint using caliper paint and then swap them onto the car I dont think its a job that can be done properly while the calipers are on the car.Will post piccys up of before during and after when i eventually get it sorted

Nice one mate look forward to pics, gonna leave mine until next weekend a think

Bubba

JASON 60SE
Sunday 21st May 2006, 19:21
hi painted my calipers in base coat and laquer with no probs, its been on for a year and a half and is alot cheaper than caliper paint. Make sure the calipers are totally clean for best results as prep work is the key to making them look proper bo. Painted them in a just out of the factory look, silver gold.

gazjacko
Sunday 21st May 2006, 21:28
Red!