PDA

View Full Version : evap valve/cannister prob.

blackbooty
Saturday 20th May 2006, 11:09
morning all , after my recent threads about bouncing revs and fault codes ect... i pulled the fault codes out and one was *evap valve fault* so i changed evap valve and cannister as a unit as it was a known good unit
(or was a month ago when i parked the doner car up).
idle went back to normal and she drove nice.

last couple of days shes been starting and idling lovely but when lifting for a junction shes been dipping the revs and then goes searching for revs (dissapears when warm).

back to the thread.... when i got out of car just now, with engine running i could hear a vacume leak and i discoverd theevap cannister wasnt connected to the evap valve and the sucking noise was from the vave, when i reattached the valve to cannister the engine died instantly and would not restart until i disconnected them ????

is the valve supposed to suck at idle ?
does it sound like a valve fault or a cannister fault to all you that know about such things?

i know its only a ten minute job to do a swapsy but im just out of the bath.

cheers, wayne.

mike 850
Saturday 20th May 2006, 12:00
when mine is at idle it will only suck the air sometimes, when the evap switch is on, not all the time
hope this helps

blackbooty
Saturday 20th May 2006, 16:26
when mine is at idle it will only suck the air sometimes, when the evap switch is on, not all the time
hope this helps

cheers bud, ive just been out and put the original valve back on and it didnt suck at all, and shes stopped dropping revs when lifting off the gas.

have developed a bit of hesitation on the revs when going to pull off tho
(T5 mind games i recon) so im gonna put the original evap cannister back on now to see if 3 days in my garage has magically repaired this part also. lol.

ta, wayne.